Invent a Holiday

Happy with mid June.

1 Like

right i’ll see you there with a cracker in hand

1 Like

I hate new year but spring is already a nice time of year and it’s got easter and the may bank holidays. Winter needs new year.

the worst time of year is Jan/Feb so I propose that we have the first 5 mondays of the year as holidays

Thursday comes round earlier and earlier each week

2 Likes

Many many years ago I used to celebrate Longest Day with my group of mates. We’d normally sit out in a beer garden in the middle of nowhere drinking into the night. Was class. Recommended.

1 Like

Would really like a Midsummer fest.

1 Like

I’ve got one tomorrow

Bank holiday on a Wednesday seems pretty awesome, cant remember having one before (I know all Uk ones are on Mondays but france used to have them on any old day)

what about a non bank holiday where everyone just has to spend 24 hours inside their nearest branch of hsbc

2 Likes

All banks have been converted into wine bars here, so that’ll be fine.

This, but with the first one being the current kid friendly cutesy version and then the second being a full on day of terror! We get to shoot a giant blanket over the sun for the day and really go wild with full gore.

1 Like

January should be a month long holiday. Its a proper proper shit month and the only time i ever enjoyed a January was when i left the country for the month.

3 Likes

Maybe some kind of house swap weekend. Just stay at a random house somewhere else for a little holiday. See the local sights, judge someone else’s soaps and out of date canned food. It’d be optional and the local pubs would also be full of temporary diaspora that you can chat with.

1 Like

Quitting Time Day

1 Like

There should be a Bank The Purge where basically one day a year everyone can basically just absolutely rinse the investment banks

1 Like

I’m in favour of this. I imagine there will likely be some sort of promotional pizza day or week already in existence, too.

Used to work in the restaurant supplies industry. Every other week there was a celebration of some sort of foodstuff, mostly as an excuse to try and sell some sort of oven or product. National pie day? Buy this pie warmer. National pizza week? How about a pizza oven? International fish n’ chips day? How about this fryer?

One of those excruciating B2B marketing exercises where you’re trying to plug products that people only buy when the one they already own goes kaput, as opposed to buying something for the sheer pleasure of it.