The Irish Politics Thread

What? Why?
:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

FF-FG-Greens with Micheál Martin as the first Taoiseach. Absolutely no one wanted this.

2 Likes

jeeeez.

1 Like

Fuck’s SAKE

3 Likes

Have to read up on this shit now but I expect nothing positive from this.

They’ve committed to ending Direct Provision ‘within the life of the next government’ which I’m expecting to mean ‘we’ll change the name or something’

2 Likes

Must have accidentally avoided Irish twitter all day… christ that’s grim

What the jumping fuck?
That’s a horror show right there.

‘Route One Provision’

Also:
What the fuck Greens.
Completely shat the bed here.

2 Likes

Probably been offered the chance to maybe remove all plastic bags from shops.

3 Likes

The shits.
Alternatively:
FF and Fg are two cheeks of the same arse and the Greens are now the arse hole stuck between them.

3 Likes

good joke, although did you know Ireland actually introduced the plastic bag charge all the way back in 2002! amazing that it took so long to reach the UK and that the Lib Dems had to throw benefits claimants under the bus to get England to adopt it

2 Likes

The Lib fucking Dems. The Greens are the Lib Dems in this scenario except now there’s two Tory leaders rooting them.

4 Likes

Yeah I figured you guys would have been ahead but I couldn’t think of another way to make a snide “doing a Lib Dem” joke.

(And TBH I think we can all agree that the Greens are just showing they’re reactionary but they’ll have convinced themselves that they’ve only joined this because FF/FG have made some green concessions
they know deep down will either not happen or get watered to fuck?)

1 Like

the last time they propped up a coalition government they were completely wiped out at the next election. so that’s, um…something to…look forward to?

2 Likes

And yet they’re back again. When was the wipeout? Just interesting to see them return whereas we still haven’t seemingly forgiven the Lib Dems.

2011, just checking and they lost all 6 of their seats. but they won 12 this year so they’ve very much bounced back. but i can still imagine another disaster awaiting them in the future

1 Like

Apparently the Greens have got Mark Ruffalo to record a message to members asking them to vote for the government deal. :joy:

2 Likes