Is anyone else watching The Crown?

Some cool pics here by my buddies

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8UIylCAWqI/?igshid=19wsaq1pjbm7o

And
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8T6qS-AsW1/?igshid=1ngrjk57n4z6m

2 Likes

That was 100% hangover piss. Incredible television.

1 Like

S1: this is pretty good, there’s lots to learn about the monarchy in this period of time
S2: oh, this is good fun. Margaret is ace
S3: zzzzzzzzzzz
S4: tbc

1 Like

That was the point at which I gave up on it. They’re just not interesting people in the slightest (Margaret aside, Vanessa Kirby was excellent) and the show was only watchable in season 2 when they made it more soapy and fictional

That episode about Edward VIII being a Nazi was excellent though.

1 Like

it’s the only episode i’ve watched since the very first few.

what even was the angle? prince philip is sad because he thinks it’s unfair he didn’t have an opportunity to be an astronaut and he’s better than actual astronauts and we should feel sorry for him?!

what?!

1 Like

Gillian Anderson’s “do it for her” Thatcher wall is incredibly cursed

4 Likes

2 Likes

Sad Diana watching Bagpuss is a mood

We started in last night. Watched episode 1. Main thoughts:

I was worried Anderson would make me think Thatcher was great. Luckily she seems to be hamming it up to a ludicrous degree so that it doesn’t quite gel.

That said, she’s the first PM in the show I’ve any actual recollections of which made me realise this is the first season of the show where I will have personally experienced almost everything (E1 is ~78/79 I guess so I was too young to recall that) and I’m not sure what that will do to the show. Maybe make it seem more stupid?

Interesting scene from the latest season

1 Like

Fucking Hell this is abysmal.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

I hate to admit it but I love hate watching the crown

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the Crown a lot more than I ever expected, but the first episode of the new batch was pretty rubbish. Major’s speech to camera at the end was the most painful and obvious scene setting I’ve ever seen in a TV drama. Should have cut to Norma being like “What the fuck was that about, who were you talking to?”

Debicki as Diana is quite uncanny though.

1 Like

Not on my watch !

1 Like

I feel like S1 was decent and after that I watched it despite spending a lot of time being a bit bored. Probably end up watching S5 too

Lol at Phillip doing competitive off road carriage driving. Posh people eh?

Jonny Lee Major is neglecting Norma

Not surprising as she seems to consider one sausage a reasonable portion

I really like The Crown, I don’t know why people are so down on it. Great telly.

Watched the first two of the new series last night, mostly great! Except Philip’s carriage driving, v boring.

1 Like

Also I like that at the beginning of this thread OP was getting all shocked when people said they hated the queen/royals lmao

2 Likes

I’m finding all the outrage surrounding this pretty humorous, to be honest. It’s clearly a drama, it’s going to be largely made up stories about familiar characters! Maybe I’m just insensitive, Idk, but I think it’s a well-made show and each iteration of the cast has been great too (preferred S3/4 Charles despite my love of Dominic West though)

Who among us hasn’t been guilty of trying to get someone else into our special interest when they’re feeling down? I thought that bit was really remarkably pure lol, I’m so sentimental