Is It Autumn?

Well, is it?

• Yes, I am a meteorological seasons person and it’s currently autumn!
  • No, I am an astrological seasons person and it’s still summer for 21 days!

0 voters

I refuse to let go of summer.

5 Likes

I’m crowdsourcing your views to find out whether or not I or my eight-year-old child is right btw, all data will be anonymised in line with our ethics policy.

not until the 23rd of September this year, what a TREAT!

3 Likes

I really like this tag-end bit of summer where you can feel autumn coming but it isn’t quite here yet. I love the anticipation of the change, it’s exciting!

2 Likes

To say September is more summery than June is silly imo

2 Likes

But maybe summer is a season with more facets to it than simply being hote.

What are the facets? Just ‘it is between the summer solstice and the autumn equinox’?

1 Like

Months are arbitrary human concepts, the rate of change of length of day is not.

2 Likes

@avery nails it in one

Also, ‘weather’ is a much less constant thing than orbital period

1 Like

Also, aside from the contentious part of this, who’s psyched for AUTUMN!? I’m always psyched for autumn tbh, it’s probably my favourite season.

2 Likes

I don’t understand people using the equinoxes as the start of spring and autumn. Midsummer is literally called midsummer, and even if you don’t want to take that literally, summer has clearly started before it, so it doesn’t make sense for the equinoxes to be the start of anything

7 Likes

But have you thought about the rate of change of the length of the day?

it’s always summer in your heart!

1 Like

unless you are depressed

4 Likes

Still wearing shorts, so it’s summer

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing some nice birds on my walks again

2 Likes

If you need to ask then it is imo.

2 Likes

Shamefully, I don’t really know when midsummer is. I just like the simplicity of the equinoxes, it just works for me

If the 20th December is still autumn then sure, fill your boots

5 Likes