Is it time for Record Store Day to end?

I’m not making it up

1 Like

Reckon it is about time for it to end now, let everyone get home

1 Like

Some baffling release choices but, for me, no queues and restricted myself to a slightly overpriced Live Seeds & Rebecca Vasmant EP and got 6hrs of great entertainment finishing with a spellbinding performance from Kathryn Joseph so I’m all for it

2 Likes

Would have loved to go to this if I’d been in town

Nipped into Leeds this morning and managed to get the few things I wanted from Jumbo and Crash. Virtually no queuing - was in and out of both shops in 5mins.

The Kacey Musgraves vinyl is an edition of fifteen thousand, for an album that barely made much of a dent here anywhere.

Bin this entire thing off now.

Popped into Rough Trade East this afternoon and got the Wye Oak LP I wanted. No queues.

1 Like

Anyone seen the Commander Venus LP anywhere?

Hhv have their rsd stock coming online at 7pm (6pm UK) today.

They normally have a dedicated page but I can’t see one today so I guess it’s just a case of searching for individual records.

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/commander-venus-the-uneventful-vacation-record-store-day-2022-translucent-vinyl-edition-900458

1 Like

Cheers mate.
Might wait til next week for the UK shops to go online.
Pricey enough without the chance of a import fee or something.

Yeah not worth the risk tbh.

1 Like

Think I’ll wait it for it all to crop up in the sales in a few weeks time.

3 Likes

Went through the list again earlier apart from Lisbon if I didn’t have it, Viktor Vaughn and maybe Modern Lovers II. There is absolutely nothing I can justify. My Original Pirate Materials vinyl came yesterday morning. Didn’t have to queue for that.

Dedicated page now FYI https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/rsd-2022-leftovers/p:qpVQLW

1 Like

Just had my third e-mail of the day about leftover RSD stock. Think they might be fucked :partying_face:

@bornin69x you’re in luck - it’s in stock and only €63

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/the-proclaimers-sunshine-on-leith-record-store-day-2022-marbled-vinyl-edition-900418

2 Likes

I mean, the one in Help the Aged is only £3.50 but this one is marbled

4 Likes

Hello peeps. Wondering if you can help a clueless person out.

Prince is putting out the gold experience on vinyl on 18th June which appears to be part of Rsd. I might be able to get to resident in Brighton to pick it up that day. It says ‘limited to 2500 copies’ on rough trade - would that indicate I’m going to need to queue at stupid o’clock for it? If so is it ‘put your finger in the air ‘ for when I’d need to queue? Or is there some sensible advice to follow here. Are things bunged out online later if they don’t sell out?

Fucking hell I just want to buy an album :crazy_face:

Thanks in advance for any tips :slight_smile:

If you’re in Brighton on 18th June, go to Cult Hero, not Resident. Queues at Resident will literally be around the block. Even mid afternoon you’d still be queuing up for 20/30 minutes, but I’ve always found Cult Hero’s stock to be pretty good

2 Likes

You sir are a good man