Is it Tuesday evening or what?

Luckily I have a school friend who is a lawyer who has given me a lot of free advice/checked over documents for me, which does make things easier.

1 Like

Think I’ve hit the ol’ panny d burnout hard these past few weeks.

Still. Got an electronic drum kit coming now. That’ll fix everything.

1 Like

This is my week where it’s generally too late to bed for me to consider watching films, but on the alternate week - this is generally such a vibe

Need to plan my film viewing way in advance like a proper little nerdy else I get too panicky with all the choice

1 Like

I got excited because the new wheely bin finally arrived earlier this week after being ordered from the council months ago, and I don’t have to sneak the rubbish into a shop bin any more.

To celebrate, I went to the pound shop and bought a number sticker for it.

What a thrilling life we are all leading.

3 Likes

That’s really good to hear- glad you have someone to help with that side of stuff. We’re all here if you ever need an ear though, can’t imagine how (completely bloody unnecessarily) stressful that must be on top of, yknow, the world being on fire x

1 Like

Apparently he’s tried things like this before, but this is the first time he’s actually gone to court. Previously people backed down under the pressure.

I think it makes the difference that he tried this kind of thing before in London, and his wife likes to act like they’re rich, he talks about his “lawyer”, and people might have believed them. It’s kind of different when someone lives five minutes walk from you, you’ve seen their house and know they had to get a new boiler on installments.

He does not have a lawyer, unsurprisingly.

Em, this is brilliant news! I hope you fucking smirked at that prick the whole way through! ahahahahaha! So pleased for you.

Did you ever meet him? American, long dark hair, glasses.

I’m still trying to work out how I feel about it- like the options are:

1. I wait a week for him to fail to do it, and the case gets thrown out
  2. I get £150 I’m in dire need of, but have to faff around doing loads of legal paperwork and a skype hearing

Was in the same room as him I think when we met up at that gig? I’ve never spoken to him though.

I’m gonna message you just in case he searches and reads this.

He’s extremely computer illiterate, don’t worry (but best to play safe)

1 Like

Having an absolute fucking shocker

That’s absolutely horrendous, awful that some people bully others in that way. Good on you for standing your ground and taking it to court (that’s no shame to others who haven’t of course, don’t think I’d be able to do that sort of thing either but y’know, props to you none the less).

Very, very odd behaviour indeed. People are strange!

Ha, shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Oh and don’t get me started on bins, the bin drama in my building has been the most excitement I’ve had in the last year :smiley:

We had some of those soft bins made out of sacking, that are supposed to be seagull proof. The foxes then figured out how to open them, and made a beeline for my bags with traces of catfood in, and there was Bin Drama.

1 Like

In the US, a court case that is just to bully someone is called a SLAPP suit hah

1 Like

Relate to this so so much.

1 Like

This is such a frustratingly standard thing with me. Really want to hang out until the opportunity presents itself, and there’s every chance I’ll feel really anxious about it

Sounds like you are completely organised to fight whatever he throws your way.

But sorry you’re going through it.

1 Like