Is it wrong to wear a white poppy?

Respects in April count triple.

1 Like

Kings Cross going for maximum respects with their poppy this year

https://twitter.com/MascotSilence/status/1193140302946586624?s=19

11 Likes

Not big enough!

1 Like

Posted in the football thread yesterday, but Crusty the Pie shows maximum respect

#poppie

(In all seriousness though, I do find Remembrance Day at football quite poignant.)

11 Likes

Just FYI as if you weren’t depressed enough by the whole charade already, poppies are made by prison labour

5 Likes

Don’t get the whole “I wish it could be Remembrance Sunday everyday” crowd. You don’t see people going around with a red nose when it isn’t Red Nose Day (unless they’re a clown obviously)

Or Fergie

8 Likes

That’s so fucking perfect. The pathetic/non-existent after-care the men shat out by our armed forces receives causes them to be much more likely to be violent offenders. They are then made to mind-numbingly produce the vast number of poppies we need to solemnly honour their sacrifice. The Respect Must Flow

4 Likes

In a prison facility that used to be a former barracks no less

Irony upon irony in the battle for jingoistic conformity

4 Likes

Parents have the TV coverage on and even though the pomp of it all is unnerving, really is so upsetting listening to everyone’s stories of how they’ve dealt with PTSD etc from horrific situations. Especially when its all so unnecessary

Did corbyn bow in front of a nazi at the cenotaph again

1 Like

On the long bus journey home today for my friends’ new baby’s christening. Bus and all traffic was stopped for half an hour for what I initially thought was a funeral. Then when nobody moved I thought maybe it was a memorial for a recent road death or something.

Eventually got moving half an hour later and I discovered it was some kind Rememberence Day service. In the middle of a main road. Bit much, surely?

Could well be late for the christening now (actually I’ll have plenty of time really but might not have time to go for a poo first as planned. Tragic.)

Unconfirmed reports he skateboarded up to it on the body of a rabbi and spinning back-kicked a WWII vet

9 Likes

tbf it’s not exactly impromptu

Drew a cock on the Queen’s back then danced an Irish jig

1 Like

HAK-BAK-DAK-D-DAK-DAK

In a coat of all things

1 Like

*Castrol gtx jacket

8 Likes

*with the ‘l’ crossed out

14 Likes