Is Love Will Tear Us Apart the best song of all time?

:grimacing:

8 Likes

I said “yes” in the poll. (Sometimes I prefer the “permanent mix” of it to the original.)

But, for a good many years there was a song I held in higher esteem. Funnily enough it was ‘Ceremony’, the 2nd time they released it as a single.

I used to say Disorder was my favourite song of all time, don’t think it still is. Much better than love will tear us apart though IMO

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwidp_XI8qPiAhUaRRUIHSQdBNAQ8TUwAXoECA4QEQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Can’t link correctly but it’s ‘These Arms Of Mine’ by Otis Redding

1 Like

lets just be honest about this

3 Likes

No. The best song of all time is Human by The Human League:

whether we like it or not

1 Like

Especially if it’s the Jennifer Warnes version.

1 Like

Agreed

7 Likes

I’ve long said that I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston is the best song ever. Been absolutely mesmerised by it for as long as I can remember, every time I hear it, it grabs my whole attention and amazes me by how there’s not a part of it that isn’t completely perfect.

Close contenders be Billie Jean by MJ, Purple Rain by Prince, Modern Girl by Sleater-Kinney and America by Simon & Garfunkel.

2 Likes

I think it might be the best moody white boys with guitars song ever, sure.

Who is Barney

Arms :joy:

This is the best song, sorry.

Alright Paul McCartney

I wish I was Macca

Barney seems like such a cunt.

When his guitar came in at the beginning I thought I was watching one of those parody dubs

3 Likes

Strong shout

Isolation is the best Joy Division song btw

1 Like

He’s the singer/guitarist in New Order