Is the free Spotify any good?

Is Spotify Slowly Killing Itself?

Spotify

• Back
  • In crisis

0 voters

It’s finally turning a profit as of this year so that seems unlikely.

1 Like

I dumped spotify for tidal. Its like the old spotify but with higher fidelity (but no remote play, which is a shame as using my phone as a remote is great feature)

the only reason I’d struggle to give up spotties is all the recommendations it’s given me due to song radio etc. Are any other services as good?

Sorry for saying “spotties”

1 Like

Is Tidal any good on Android?

Hnnnng £20 for lossless audio

Lossles is absoloutely luxury and not for 98% of users the quality is 320kbps otherwise

I’m not even sure if I could differentiate 320 from true lossless anyway. Will file away in my head for another day

Lossless is for home set ups with big ol premium headphones with dedicated dacs n amps. If ur using it like most people yeah its an utterly worthless investment

4 Likes

Is it just me, or have Spotify completely broken a load of really basic stuff in the latest update? Like the ability to play an album without shuffle play. This is the paid-for version, not free btw…

yes! This has driven me bloody mad recently (and I’ve been a Spotify apologist until the latest update, it’s always run fine for me (android)).

So the thing that has changed on the phone app is that I can’t seem to add an entire album’s worth of songs at a go.

Previously I could click on the three little dots/options thing and add an album to a playlist but now I have to do each song individually. This is annoying as I have playlists of albums to check out and I used to be able to just sling them on there when I read a review and now I have to do every single track. First world problem, but it seems so weird that they’ve taken something that worked fine and made it less functional! Why?

1 Like

This is still there on mine?

1 Like

This was posted earlier in the thread, but reverting back to an earlier version of the App fixed a lot of the issues I was having that other people seem to be having:

I can think of a few updates where it’s a case of not liking the new layout of whatever, but never one that’s just completely fucked its usability like that.

@Scagden not getting that in my (android) version either. Looks fine to me.

don’t even start me on the problems i have with spotify trying to connect to my many chromecast devices :grimacing:

2 Likes

I thought we were Google Play Music buddies

Just went on my phone to screen shot the issue I was having and it was fine! Arrrgghh and also Yay!

1 Like

I have this too! Sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it just does nothing, just gets stuck in “connecting…”, massive pain.

I don’t like it when I try to go to my recently listened to and it will hang because of a poor connection, even though the thing I want to listen to most likely will have been downloaded.

also, been tempted to start a ‘typo’s of spotify’ thread, worst one I have found so far is ‘a baby for free’ by neutral milk hotel