Is there a best site for booking trains into Europe

Alright people. Is there like a SkyScanner equivalent for trains? All the websites I’ve looked at are pretty rubbish. Any other ways to save bunce? Seems expensive. Looking to go from the north of England into that Europe.

1 Like

https://www.rome2rio.com only one I know.

1 Like

Yeah Rome2Rio is the business.

Once you’re actually in Europe then Flixbus is really good in my experience, cheap as hell, free wifi, comfy seats.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is still updated:

https://www.seat61.com/index-mobile.htm

2 Likes

was thinking maybe belgium somewhere? wouldn’t mind stopping off at a place or two along the way maybe if anywhere was decent. might seem counterproductive getting a train but like the idea over flying.

will look at the suggestions here thanks.

Cheers, DB. You’re the best.

The site you linked only has tix til mid August - presume that you can’t book them any more in advance? Return to Belgium is c.£200 from Manchester I thought I might be able to get 'em a bit cheaper.

Lille sounds nice yeah. Been to Paris and Amsterdam loads so would like to try somewhere different.

Yeah if yr Belgiuming, I’d Eurostar and use your “any station in Belgium” ticket, then just buy whatever you need for onwards travel from the station, then use the Eurostar return ticket vto return to Brussels and home.

Think Bruges to gent return cost like €11 each or something

1 Like

Surely you could get a cheaper advance ticket from MCR to LDN and then get a reasonably priced Eurostar return.

2 Likes

yeah just had a bit more of a look and you and rich are right, didn’t think of splitting them.

cheers again. may be asking for belgium tips soon!

1 Like

Oh I must have been really lucky with them then, never had a problem.

Great thread, I don’t know the answer but have been wondering this myself.

I keep wanting to do something like this but never get round to it. Might try doing something similar in October or so

I was trying to order London to berlin via the Trainline and after putting my details in, it keeps saying the booking is unsuccesful with no reason given
Any ideas why this may be? I have enougg in my account

Too far in advance? Or do you have popups blocked and it’s trying to show you a payment authorisation window?

1 Like