Is there a Wednesday (12.06.2019) Evening thread yet?

Hi Gnome & co,

Bit of a rubbish day - slwpt too much when I got in thinking I could do all the things I needed to do later in the afternoon… and then R’s dad brings him home a few hours early so that plan went out the window. Really running out of time to finish R’s dolls house for his birthday now :grimacing:

Speaking of which, taking him for his early birthday day out tomorrow. This would be fun, but it means spending the day with his dad also, so less fun.

In more positive news, I found my scalpel I lost almost exactly a year ago. Already bought another one ages ago, but now I feel like some sort of king having two of the things, each with a different type of blade :crown: :hocho:

Had pasta bake for tea. Evening plans involve World Cup and reading.

1 Like

Spent the afternoon looking forward to my Russian lesson. Couldn’t get to my Russian lesson because the trains were fucked. Paid £5.10 for the privilege of getting chucked off the train at Tonbridge and them cancelling the next half hour’s worth of trains, meaning I would have arrived over halfway through the lesson having paid £££ for it.

:clap: RENATIONALISE :clap: THE :clap: RAILWAYS :clap:

now got an evening of trying to finish some of the bullshit trimmings for my journalism portfolio, some of the finer points of which have taken actual years off my life. but thats a rant for another day. as usual the NCTJ can burn in hell for inventing arbitrary new rules when it suits them because they mgiht be able to squeeze more money out of a person whose mental health they have fucked with persistently for 2 1/2 years :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

It’s so cloudy and miserable out but it’s still really light. So strange.

Why isn’t it dark???

Will You be my Maybe? Or something like that. Not that hilarious but pretty good fun for an hour or so

1 Like

Just booked a hotel room in London so we can go and see HERBIE HANCOCK in November. Well excited.

2 Likes

Completely fucked up my tea by under cooking the artichoke

Hello, I am listening to I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass for the YLT listening club.

Also I just finished Killing Eve season 2; I didn’t realise there was an air of disappointment around it. For me, it was still funny, still a British drama that actually has a tone and character of its own, still a sick soundtrack, and tbh I would happily watch Jodie Comer just brutally murdering the phone book

2 Likes

Accused by someone at football of having calves like fucking grapefruits. I think it was intended as a compliment.

Listened to the Kelis album that I didn’t know existed and I can understand why it is obscure.

Realised one of the people at my meeting today (not one of the womansplainers) is coming to verify some of our courses tomorrow.

Had cauliflower soup which was very spicy and good. Wor Lass ate the last of the Malteasers.

2 Likes

Sorry you had a bad day but congratulations on being the proud owner of 2 scalpels :wink:
I hope you don’t mind me saying that R’s dad really does seem like a total jizz bucket.

2 Likes

Ah fuck! I can’t believe you’ve done this.

What’s this Dylan day thing? @Unlucky @NeilYoung and can I watch it online another day?

Sweaty. So sweaty. It will never end.

People I Genuinely Didn’t Know Were Still Alive #452

3 Likes

Pasta bake always reminds me fondly of being a student and one of my housemates making us all a massive pasta bake while the house was all snowed out and the gas meter was about to run out. The image in my head is this greyish white everywhere and this heavenly orange baking bowl thingy.

Also, I read the section of the YLT book about Georgia’s family recently. I knew her parents had created Mr. Magoo (my favourite YLT fact) but I didn’t realise there was so much more to it than that!

1 Like

Bob Dylan’s “Rolling Thunder Revue (1975)” film directed by Martin Scorcese is out on Netflix today, tracklist for the complete 1975 live recordings are up on Spotify as well. :+1:

also I hope those Radiohead hackers get their hands on my Mute Branches archives cause it’s a right bastard trying to transfer it all between laptops

it’d really help me out if they were all going out on reddit or wherever

1 Like

My colleague was talking about going on a night out with mates when he was younger and one of them disappeared. The next day he (the missing one) rang them and said “Where am I?” (As in he didn’t know the answer)

• This is very funny
  • This is funny
  • This is quite funny
  • This is neither funny nor unfunny
  • This isn’t funny

0 voters

alright kenneth branagh from the post-credits scene from harry potter and the chamber of secrets

That seems to be the general consensus on him, tbf.

1 Like