Is there anyone left to reform who might realistically get back together?

Curve.

1 Like

Sounds like Dean is trying to do just that. Not sure whatā€™s going on, but it does seem like heā€™s jumping through a lot of hoops.

Jawbreaker

I think I would cry if I ever got the opportunity to see Cocteau Twins

real tears

1 Like

Does an ā€œindefinite hiatusā€ count as splitting up? It should do really. I canā€™t see them doing anything together again.

+1 for Curve please.

Also, Thā€™ Faith Healersā€¦

Reformed in 2009.

Missed that tbh tbf.

Also, I guess that Curve technically have already reformed once between Cuckoo and Come Clean, depending on how fussy weā€™re beingā€¦

That was clearly a hiatus, they were only out of business for 2 years (between 1994 and 1996)

New Order with Peter Hook?

Thatā€™s a whole different kettle of fish: bands that have reformed but no longer with the original line-up (see also the Pixies).

1 Like

They havenā€™t played together for 15 years which is longer than say the Pixies left the field for so I would call it a break-up. Always though the ā€˜hiatusā€™ tag was their subversive way of saying ā€˜we never broke up so we will never do the sellout reformation thingā€™ plus they hinted for a while afterwards that some of them could not hack doing the touring Fugazi thing anymore due to knackered bones and joints (this was a decade ago)

I canā€™t see The Smiths ever happening. Morrissey still despises Andy and Mike after the royalties dispute in the 90s and rarely ever plays Smiths songs at his own shows ā€“ Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve been offered obscene amounts in the past but Moz loves to hold a grudge. Doubt he needs the money either.

But there were similar tales about The Roses although no court cases obviously

Canā€™t really see R.E.M. getting back together. Theyā€™re all so old now and Stipe has seemed totally unflinching on any hint of playing together.

Iā€™d love to see Spacemen 3 and it seems possible. I saw Galaxie and Cocteaus so although would be great to see again, the same desire is not there. Orange Juice?

Sharkboy

1 Like

No Homme, no Kyuss

Omar keeps saying the mars volta will be back. If cedric remembers how to sing it could be good

1 Like

Would love to see Husker Du reform.

However despite it still being a physical possibility (i.e they are all still alive) it seems extremely unlikely it will ever happen and if it did it would probably just be an angry spiteful, bitter mess. So yeah, probably better to leave that alone.

Otherwise -

The Jam - but probably going to be the same as the Huskers situation

Sepultura - The classic Cavalera brothers/Kisser/Jr line-up

Reuben - Didnā€™t get into them till after theyā€™d split

Hundred Reasons - Always great live.

1 Like