Is there anything interesting to do in That London?

Going to be there for a few days later this month, and would appreciate some tips from the metropolitan elite. I’ll be with the family so it needs to be something that will keep a 14 year old amused. We’ve seen the Natural History Museum etc so something slightly more under the radar would be good. Basically realised I’m not going to be allowed to spend two days in record shops, so I’m trying to make the most of it by looking for something slightly unusual to do. Recommendations for good and inexpensive vegan eating also appreciated, suggestions to visit the Marble Arch mound not so much. Ta!

1 Like

M&M World → Garfunkel’s → China Whites → Stringfellow’s → Spearmint Rhino → that pile of crap currently next to Marble Arch that you suggest…

8 Likes

Seriously though, which part of town are you staying in?

The East London street art tours are interesting but no idea if a 14 year old would like it.

1 Like

A 14 year old might like the Soane museum (free but you’ll need to book)

Nb: it’s pretty cramped and probably not very accessible if those things are a consideration

1 Like

If you’ve got dustbins with you then the Science Museum is fab. As is the Natural History, but you’ve done that.

Where are you staying? Horniman museum is good in SE if you’ve hit up the main ones in Kensington.

2 Likes

Was going to suggest this. Forest Hill is a nice place to hang out afterwards. Then hop back on the Overground and go to Crystal Palace to look at the dinosaurs in the park, as well as the maze. Lots of junk / vintage shops in CP as well if that’s your thing.

3 Likes

The Cutty Sark is pretty shit, don’t bother with that. Actually might have improved since I went a couple of years ago but it needed some money spending on it then

1 Like

Not really, no.

There’s an exhibition on at the college of psychic studies called strange things among us that looks good, been meaning to check it out but looks like it ends in a few days.

Not really sure about vegan places in town but mildred’s is always reliable. There’s one in soho. The diner has a teenager friendly vegan menu.

1 Like

Probably reserved for the hiking types but going along the green chain route from Nunhead Cemetery was one of my favourite things to do when I had people visiting.

3 Likes

I quite like mooching about Greenwich but not on a weekend. Though I did have maybe the best Thai green curry I’ve ever had at the weekend street food market the other week.

1 Like

Going to that tomorrow now :smiley: Thanks.

1 Like

the system works! i probably wont catch it now annoyingly, i look forward to your review.

1 Like

I should do some.more of this, only really done the bits around Nunhead

1 Like

Overground to Crystal Palace, walk to Skehans, lovely stuff makes note for next day off

1 Like

Going up the Walkie Talkie office tower is free and on a clear day you get magnificent views over London.

You must book in advance though:

1 Like

Nope

Dishoom has an extensive vegan menu and is very reasonable (for London)

(multiple locations in London)

2 Likes