Is there anything to do in or near St Pancras station on a weeknight?

Considering going to Lille on the ol’ Eurostar at the end of the month, but the trains at 7.45 which means I’d have to get the train from Manchester which gets into London at around midnight. Don’t want to get a hotel as the price is too much, but is there anything to do or anywhere open which would be safe and pass the night?

There’s a 24 hour McDonald’s nearby, just outside King’s Cross station

2 Likes

There’s a swing outside Kings X. Could kill a few minutes.

5 Likes

24hr snooker club below Scala… Not ideal by any means but can sit there in the warmth or whatever… Not been there since I worked above though a decade ago so not sure how it works anymore in terms of entry

1 Like

There should be no queue at all for that harry potter trolley smashing into wall thing?

20 Likes

The night tube runs on the Victoria, Piccadilly and Northern Lines, so you can get to pretty much anywhere you want, within central London.

There’s an all night cafe in soho. You might meet so many interesting folks that you could write a short story.

3 Likes

Lille’s dead good, I went last week. Terrific cheese.

1 Like

go down the west end.

no, nothing

1 Like

There’s a 24 hour Starbucks inside, worst case scenario you could read/watch some shit in there and have a nap. It’s definitely not unsafe, often people kipping out in the station which doesn’t ever shut properly

If it’s a weekend, might just catch last orders at M&Ms World

1 Like

Would just find somewhere and start hoofing into a load of pints.

1 Like

You know, I’ve been in the station at 10/11pm and there’s been a pretty big queue. So I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s still people there at 3am.

1 Like

Kings Cross closes overnight.

:dizzy::mage:t2:‍♂

They found a way

1 Like

:grimacing:

I have to walk past that queue ten times a week. It never ceases to amaze me how many people will wait for an hour to have an expensive photo taken in a railway station.

2 Likes

It’s between platforms 8 and 9. Tbf, between 9 and 10 would be hard to achieve.

1 Like

My favourite is the person employed to hold out the scarves for the photos.

Who says our economy has lost the ability to create meaningful and/or rewarding employment

3 Likes

I wonder if they ask if you’re a grufflehump, slitherpick, raveldope or happylump so you get the right scarf?

3 Likes