Is there anything worse..

Than a tunneling candle? Has to be a life hack to fix this. Upsets me so much, is it a short wick? Not burning evenly, I hate it so much. Please help.

1 Like

I guess it’s when the heat diameter of the flame is less than the diameter of the candle. With bigger candles you get multiple wicks. Not sure you can do loads about TBH. Obviously I assume it’s intentional with those candles where they embed stuff in the outside.

1 Like

Fucking heat diameter I knew it.

13 Likes

I always thought this was intentional so that the light of the candle shines through the wax and you get a nice glow.

1 Like

Tell me about it, NY! The best hack I’ve found is to wrap tin foil over the top of the candle. Cut a hole for where the wick and flame will be so you can light it, and let it burn for a couple hours. The tin foil reflects the heat down onto the wax that hasn’t melted as you would like and evens out the surface.

My other top tip is to always burn a candle for 3 hours the first time you light it to allow all the wax to heat evenly and try to avoid having candles lit for less than an hour or so.

:candle:

3 Likes

I find quality of candle too. My cheap ones tunnel but my diptique never does.

Rap foil around the candle if it’s in something the heat melts the outside of the wax

OPTION 2: THE ALUMINUM FOIL METHOD

1. Trim the wick and remove any debris inside the tunnel.

2. Cover the top of the candle with aluminum foil.

3. Cut a small opening (around 1-inch) in the center of the aluminum foil.

4. Remove the aluminum foil, light the wick, then place the foil cover back on.

5. Allow the candle to burn for a few hours until the top surface of wax has completely melted and smoothed over.

6. Set your candle aside and let the wax harden over the next few days to reach full hardness (see above).

1 Like

Im sure there are things that are worse but my mind is blank so in answer to your question, no there is nothing worse than a tunneling candle.

1 Like

I get through a lot of candles but i can’t say I’ve ever experienced this tunneling of which you speak

Always remember one hour burn per diameter inch

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What? It works. I’ve done it

Just assumed I could sass you now since you seemed to have me on mute

1 Like

You lot sure know about candles

1 Like

Oh :grinning::grinning:

Thought it was a lot of words for a candle post so didn’t read it.

It’s my one household thing I actually can do so I keep buying candles and post tunnelling tips

1 Like

They’re good candles. Smell nice.

2 Likes