Is there such thing as an 'easy to change' duvet set

I’m being deeply serious here. Through my whole life there is nothing more I dread than changing the duvet covers, it makes me feel useless and often makes me rage and brings me to tears (see right now) to when I just give up and shove it into the duvet cover and crawl inside an try to flatten as much as possible. I’ve had problems with my hand eye - coordination my whole life. So servere such that I can’t ride a bike or drive and would like to at least make this part of my day easier. My doctor suspects I’m on the spectrum (waiting almost a year for that assessment, thanks tories) which could go a long way into explaining my reaction to whenever I have to do this and cant find anything online that’ll aid me. I’ve tried my whole life to learn the ‘easy’ techniques but I can’t do them, they always make me feel worse because people go on about how easy they are to do.

2 Likes

Tried the burrito method today hated it, inspired this thread

1 Like

Have you tried the inside out way? You turn the duvet cover inside out, then put your hands into the far corners like a colourful ghost (I make sure I do some wooooo noises at my wife when I do this, she obviously loves it), then pick up the duvet corners and just shake it down. That’s what I do and it doesn’t take too long.

2 Likes

I remember having some success with that but forgot the method and couldn’t find it online as everyone now talks about burritos :frowning:

1 Like

It’s good, it’s made what used to be a tedious chore for me now something quick and relatively easy (though still a bit annoying, and I haven’t managed to find a way to do fitted sheets any easier)

Here it is! She makes it look a bit more of a faff than it actually is (I also store my duvet covers inside out to make it quicker because I’m just that fun and interesting)

1 Like

I did this with my geefee just this past Sunday. Can proudly say I’m a fully converted member of the colourful ghost church

2 Likes

‘Woooo, I’m doing a mundane household task that is now sort of fun!’

*Bonus note, this method also works with pillows and makes them a snap to change.

Turn the duvet cover inside out, grab the far corners. Turn the duvet over and shake it down. Really easy.

Sorry