Is thirty five too old to take up skating?

• Take it to the mid life crisis thread pops
  • No follow your heart and scabby knees
  • Don’t appropriate 90s youth culture you had your chance

0 voters

Been listening to old Tony Hawks Pro Skater soundtracks all day. Think it’s my time.

Inspiration.

Ridiculous amount of bangers there.

3 Likes

I wanna get back into it too. Quite often WhatsApp @plasticniki about this

2 Likes

I think you’re right, the ‘kids’ can’t appreciate the nuances of skate culture in the same way I can or something.

1 Like

No i really wanna learn

1 Like

There’s a bloke who gets my train who must be pushing 50. He brings a fold-up electric scooter on with him (quite a sizeable one, too) and evidently doesn’t give a shot how he looks - he’s just clearly very happy with his life choices.

Therefore I say go for it, get skating.

3 Likes

Roller skated for the first time on Friday

(that’s my leg)

7 Likes

I love this.

1 Like

The roller skating, not just your leg.

2 Likes

Regularly still marvel how Rodney Mullen was the only one who could do stuff in real life that was impossible in the game. And he’s at least fifty now, so go for it.

1 Like

Was pretty shit first time round (couldn’t kickflip, but could do a flat ground full cab). So probably wouldn’t be any good if I started again

1 Like

This would 100% be me but then in the post recovery haze I’d start a band that sounds exactly like Unsane and fulfil another dream.

1 Like

You’d be better off speed dating

1 Like

I regret not learning to skate when I was a kid. I think when you get older you’re too aware of how much stuff HURTS so it all seems a bit much now.

wonder what kids listen to who skate now, is it still limp bizkit and korn?

1 Like

probably not if you’re a #biglad. last time I skated I couldn’t even land an ollie.

1 Like

was thinking about this a few days ago. its probably stuff like this -

what is with all music these days?

Too old to be a sk8er boi, gramps

good luck with everything x