Is this a sprinkler?

I’ve never seen one before - no one has - but I’m guessing it’s a white hole.

1 Like

While you’re here, are any of Bournemouth’s beaches closest to the train station worth visiting? Cheers

The further you can go from Bournemouth pier, the better (in my opinion). But West Cliff isn’t too bad. Branksome Chine is nice too. Or get off at Christchurch and go to Hengistbury Head, which is lovely for walking.

2 Likes

enjoyed this thread

@barleysugar long may you reign

2 Likes

Ah, thanks, yes the Christchurch one came up. Problem is she is really lazy and tends to require shoulders and the walk from the station looked quite long.

Really we just wanted a beach with sea because it seems like Lymington just has a pier to @plasticniki 's homeland.

Think I might pop down to home base (is that a pun?!) tomorrow and find out for definite

Ah, Bournemouth is a fair bet, then. You can walk down through the gardens, which is quite pretty, and the promenade is nice enough. Lymington (as you say) is more of a fishing village than a seaside town.

1 Like

You’re not being very nice again, theo

1 Like

You will find popular opinion is on my side.

It’s a smoke alarm, not a sprinkler. If water was coming through it, it’s because there is a leak in the ceiling/floor above. You need to tell your landlord about it as it could get into your electrics or bring the ceiling down.

I’m sure you’ll knock it out of the park mate

Good beach at Bournemouth.

Cheers

1 Like

Ah sweet! Glad you found it, hope the GBs are having fun.

1 Like

Yeah mostly. She was really bad the first night and day we were here to the point where we questioned having a holiday at all, but settled down now. Would really like Google Maps to mark every public play park though. Not seen one in Brockenhurst but surely there must be one.

I don’t think there’s a playpark in Brockenhurst - I went to sixth form there and I don’t remember seeing one. But that was 20 years ago.

There’s a nice park in Christchurch, though, by the Quay. There’s also a splashpark there (if your daughter is brave enough and/or if she has a wetsuit)… which neatly brings us back to the OP of sprinklers!

Oh, apparently there’s a playground outside the village hall (which is on Highwood Road, off Sway Road)

Ha yes, just found it by using satellite and streetview shots of likely spots.

Thanks!

Yeah, that’s what all the racist brexiters are saying too.

Okay.

I’ll just ignore your posts from now on then.

Okay Theo. Thanks I guess?