Is this reasonable?

• Reasonable
  • Unreasonable
  • Reasonable but poorly executed

0 voters

Which bit? No kids or the groups?

Don’t think what they’ve done is that abnormal however telling people what group they’re is in a wee bit weird. Normally people would confirm with their top priority guests in advance and then add on additional groups in stages.

The no kids thing is understandable

18 Likes

I can see what they’re going for but it’s not something you’d explicitly say. Feels very Super Sweet Sixteen

Surely you’d ask your Group A people and then depending on who can’t come you’d just ask others? If someone has said they"ll come to your wedding then they will do

11 Likes

Sorry, I’m busy

Sometimes think people do stuff like this purely to go viral.

12 Likes

I’d be making myself unavailable for that one.

1 Like

Kids aren’t suited to all wedding venues, also your guests would like to spend time with you rather than have you chasing your children around, or have you ignore your children and have them bored and running around being a pain.

The people in group b&c are the people they hope won’t come so have created this group system in order to offend those people such that they won’t come goddamnit this is absolute genius

3 Likes

Just straight up wouldn’t think about the wedding again if I was in group b. Don’t care enough.

31 Likes

Don’t want kids at your wedding… fine and reasonable.

Telling guests what tier they are and that they are responsible for checking your website to get a place like some concert…urgh.

20 Likes

Yeah as people said, basic idea is fine but just RSVP for group A, then work out what to do with any remaining spaces. Don’t prewarn people that you don’t really want them there ffs, good way to piss them off

AIBU?*

Kids-free wedding?

I’m in!

After a few bad seasons I’m disappointed but not surprised to find myself in group C. This wedding will come a bit to soon for me, but going to knuckle down and hopefully I’ll be ready to mix it with the big guests in group A again soon enough.

17 Likes

Don’t you invite the group bs and cs as evening guests then bump them up when there’s space?

7 Likes

If one of my ‘friends’ or ‘family’ sent me that I just wouldn’t go.

3 Likes

Pretty much what we did

1 Like

It’s palming this off on group b/c that’s insulting. Organise your own damn invites!

4 Likes

Kids are the best thing about loads and loads of parties tbh*

*I say this as someone who has no kids so a few hours with other people’s is usually a joy.

6 Likes

Asking tier 2 people to check the website is pretty obnoxious.

People can be so weird about weddings.
Getting married doesn’t make you the most important person in the world all of a sudden.

20 Likes