Is this reasonable?

I think the point is that they don’t have capacity for evening guests. They have a max number for the whole day. It’s a very tricky thing for a couple to navigate but what you do is personally call everyone in group A to ask if they’re coming and explain the situation. Then you’re not fannying about with websites and waiting for rsvps to trickle in and you’ll know in the space of a day how much capacity you have to then speak to people on the b/ c list. Urgh it’s so cringeworthy!

2 Likes

55 Likes

Ah yeah. Yep you’re right.

If I ever get married it’ll either be small with VIPs only or a massive big free for all in a hall with no number restrictions so I don’t have to deal with this bullshit

No problem with this whatsoever.

Just trying to cut down on admin on what is a massively stressful event if you let it be.

Think if I ever got married I’d have an engagement party-cum-raffle for the invites.
“Oooh so we’ve got… BEST FRIEND! That’s good. And next… oooh a cousin that I haven’t spoken to in four years. Next up… my boss from a job I walked out of, how fun. And then… AH! My friend’s sister. That’s a good one. No, friend, not you, specifically your sister, them’s the rules.”

Could be exciting

6 Likes

Ahem

6 Likes

Oh behave

4 Likes

Not sure they are cutting down on admin really, just transferring it to the potential guests

6 Likes

I think the covid rules (and the uncertainty around when they might change again) are making it very hard to plan a wedding this year. My boyfriend’s cousin was supposed to be getting married in July. She’s bumped it to Oct but as things stand she’s going to have to uninvite over three quarters of the original invitees. SUPER awkward. I think in her shoes I’d be eloping now and having a big party next year.

2 Likes

I am very anti the ‘checking on the website’ bit.
If I was in group c I would very very much not be checking I on the website each day to see if I was lucky enough to get someone’s unwanted invite

2 Likes

Can’t imagine having that many friends tbh

:sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

But you’re putting the onus on your guests to do that admin at the same time as telling them they aren’t as important to you as others.

1 Like

We decided to go for both, with the second part planned for this summer. Fortunately a global pandemic has got us off the hook for organising a massive expensive free for all.

2 Likes

Also the bit about plus ones is unclear and is again putting the onus on the guests.

The weirdest thing about is “Group C”. Absolutely no need to explicitly tell anyone they’re not even first reserve.

15 Likes

absolutely tremendous stuff

6 Likes

You can chose between which bikes to invite instead :smiley:

1 Like

I do like the idea in the comments that actually everyone is in Group A and it’s just an attempt to make everyone say they’ll turn up :smiley:

4 Likes

that would be crafty as fuck

Fake, can see the pixels

2 Likes