ISATD: Bed (chat) time

I’m gonna go to bed soon but I haven’t started a thread so: BED CHAT

What’s your bed like? Happy with your setup? Just use it for sleeping and sexytimes or are you working/eating/lounging in bed too?

1 Like

CWBAFT

3 Likes

Need to get a new mattress, tbh. This one’s a bit lumpy

1 Like

Also well in need of a new mattress

Literally just sleep in it and have a maybe hour sitting and reading/listening to the radio on a Saturday or Sunday morning…

1 Like

It’s a Leesa. One of those mattress companies you’d hear advertised on every podcast about 5 years ago. Memory foam, good for your back. My wife sleeps with three big puffy pillows, I sleep with one wafer thin one. The rest go on the floor. Sometimes stick one in between my knees if I’m sleeping on my side, get a sore hip otherwise. FASCINATING.

1 Like

This is exactly the sort of detail I was hoping for, thankyou. I also get a sore hip from sleeping on my side but didn’t know there was a solution.

It’s only a solution if sleep you doesn’t always throw it against the wall at some point during the night

1 Like

I have bed risers to tackle silent reflux at night. Took a bit of getting used to but now I’m used to sleeping on a fairly steep incline. bonus: Must be good for blood flow to the legs

1 Like

My arm goes dead if sleeping on my side

I snore if sleeping on my back

help me I can’t win

2 Likes

Currently repping a Hovag mattress, with a duck down John Lewis topper in King size. Had it almost 2 years and it is suiting me way better than the old double sized stuff that’s nowbin the spare room. I’m an environmentally friendly form of central heating, so we barely get above a 3.5 tog down duvet at any point, which isn’t ideal, but is what it is. Maybe with better ventilation, we’d get to use th other ones

1 Like

I’ve been scouring the skips for some wood offcuts to raise our bedhead, did you buy something or just similar to my idea?

1 Like

Sleeping and sexy times, try to avoid lounging but I do find I get very bored easily in the living room at night alone. Will sometimes watch something on my laptop in bed or read but try to make sure my sleep routine is good by not doing that so much.

I hate how creaky my bed is, its bad, i really want a new ones as it’s a bit of a curse of having a platform style bed with drawers (and I guess building it alone at 8 months pregnant whilst puppysitting and the puppy kept sabotaging my efforts didnt help with its structural integrity). Have seen a lovely drawerless bed in dunelm but £

Here is my bed.

5 Likes

foreplay = bench chat?

1 Like

I started out with something like that (bricks under the leg) but that didn’t feel ideal so i went with these. (apologies for Amazon link, can maybe get them elsewhere)

1 Like

Well I am anti foreplay (as in foreplay is the main event in my eyes not an extra) but yes, a lot of public seating steamy talk goes on here or I fantasise it does.

Another bonus of this is that it’s easier to clean/find missing socks under the bed

Here is my more often than not sleeping situation too…

15 Likes

this thread is my vibes because I’m very sleepy

my bed is mainly for sleeping, reading, watching TV / playing vidja on

when sleeping, I occasionally pretend that it’s various things because imagined scenarios are a good way for my brain to slow down and go to sleep (one example: if I’m wearing pyjamas, I’ll tuck the shirt into the bottoms and then I’m in appropriate formalwear for my big keynote speech at the “going to bed” conference)

I’m a really tedious person

5 Likes

I might try this out tonight

1 Like

Cheers all

Off to bed now (John Lewis mattress on a wooden base, with a firming topper and some kind of NASA topper that evens the temperature out. 1 pillow for me) but hope we can have some more great bed chat soon.

3 Likes