Isolation hair

This is a thread for showing both:

• DIY haircuts you are giving yourself while not being able to get a pro to do it, also permitted are haircuts non-trained members of your household do for you
  • showing the progress of unchecked head hair growth, including isolation beards.

With apologies to the bald members of DiS, but you can feel free to judge our desperate attempts at managing a small problem that you yourself don’t have to be concerned with, right?

Going to tidy up my own quarantine haircut later this morning and then I’ll post photos.

5 Likes

Here in Melbourne it seems hairdressers are considered an essential service and are still open.

1 Like

Will link to my own surprisingly ok effort.

Obviously I’m now finding lots of uneven bits, so I’ll try to sort those out later. Feeling braver about it now.

3 Likes

Here’s where I am now. I have an electric shaver so will keep the facial hair trimmed (unless I run out of batteries) and let my hair grow. Don’t think I’ll try to cut my own hair but I might get drunk or bored or both.

5 Likes

Quarantine update: still resemble a boiled egg.

20 Likes

Pretty sure I’m winning this one. Not cutting it or letting anyone else cut it.

28 Likes

Feels weird considering how it is something where you can not distance, so an infected hairdresser has a good chance of passing it on to a lot of people :frowning:

3 Likes

I toyed with growing a beard but binned it off after a couple of weeks and it being really irritating.

hair wise I went c.18 months between my last two haircuts, and the last one was around February. guess I’ll be going for long hair again?

Current state of my hair

Not considering a DIY haircut any time soon.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to see if I can actually grow a beard in three months. (I will actually get bored of the itchiness and shave it within a week…)

1 Like

Got a last minute haircut in Clitheroe yesterday before shutdown but somehow this is still the most DiSer I’ve ever looked.

1 Like

My dad said “'Kin ell, it’s Mark Kermode.” Is this a good or a bad thing?

3 Likes

Handsome man imo

1 Like

Should I try to get a terrible terrible beard?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Cut my hair a few months back, didn’t do a good job but couldn’t care less

4 Likes

Never been happier to be part of #teambald.

Hair? More trouble than it’s worth pal.

6 Likes

@japes has left teambald fyi

He has?!

@japes EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

He told me you all smell and that’s why he’s left

3 Likes

more like ‘been too lazy to cut it for a week’

5 Likes