Israel/Palestine thread

Oh, it was only sold on settlements. I thought what was being referred to was The West Bank. Nevertheless, big deal. Settlers can just travel into Israel to buy if they so wish. Won’t make any difference at all.

As has been explained, it’s not necessarily about the increased journey time for some settlers to get their tubs of Phish food, but it builds momentum behind the idea that western companies that portray themselves as liberal shouldn’t also be complicit in illegal occupations and apartheid regimes.

6 Likes

We’ll see. I must admit I’ve heard this all before over the past 25+ years and it has had next to no impact on the issue of settlements in the West Bank. They’re just tokenisms, especially in this instance.

“war-won lands sought by Palestinians” is quite the euphemism for “illegally occupied”

2 Likes

Can’t they stop selling it in Israel also?

Very much a good thing but as always, it’s a baby step.

This made me laugh a bit tbh, what are they gonna do, carpet bomb Vermont?

1 Like

Of course they could, in the same way they could stop selling their Phish food in Russia over the issue of annexation of the Crimea and in China over their ethnic cleansing of Uyghur Muslims, but of course they wouldn’t do that as it would be financial suicide. It’s nothing more than pure tokenism, wanting to appear as if they’re listening, and being seen to do something, but in reality doing next to nothing. Settlers will just take it through the checkpoints anyway.

6 Likes

This isn’t directly Palestine-related, but it’s good to see that our future dystopia is being manufactured in the world’s heavily Western-subsidised rogue states

Couldn’t agree more

1 Like

Well, it seems like it’s upset all the right people and made them soil themselves in public

“Terrorism” has lost all meaning hasn’t it

3 Likes

Edit: Actually, abort. Inappropriately daft, all things considered. @moderators - sorry to bother you, but scrub this post into the ether if you’re minded to: it adds nothing.

Yup

Also worth noting that they’ve given someone from Guido Fawkes a platform to call for the end of online anonymity, just incase anyone was still wondering where that one was headed.

oof

3 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes