It is Friday night

Time to down five wines.

Bit warm.

4 Likes

4 hours ago I was logging off from a 100 delegate zoom call, rounding up a global conference week, feeling full of hope and optimism for the future

now I feel thoroughly fucking miserable and want to curl up and go to sleep for 4 months

I hate 2020

can’t help feeling that 2021 is gonna be worse though

Evening everyone !

6 Likes

fairly sure every year is going to be worse from here on out

2 Likes

thanks for trying to cheer me up bammers

6 Likes

Have a beer and listen to that new Daniel Avery One Lone Swordsman track to cheer yourself up.

2 Likes

alternatively, I don’t really know anything and things might get better!

Shower then pizza then zoom then etc

2 Likes

Finished work for the day, just ate a pizza and about to pop another beer.

I’m super tired though. No plans for the weekend aside from a haircut. Might just hibernate.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel

there is no end to the tunnel

1 Like

Looking over my CV and wondering why I bother

2 Likes

should probably finish off a bunch of the 1326 nearly finished tracks on my hard drive tbh

hard to get motivated when carrying such exhaustion at The Everything

2 Likes

Listening to Busted (so many fucking bangers) and reading through the guide to the British monarchy I’m doing for a pal (in an irreverent way). Was up to Mary I when I paused doing it in late July. It’s genuinely been really fun and fulfilling going back over this stuff, I really loved learning about kings and queens as a kid and I’m supplementing my childhood impressions of them now with more info gleaned from Wikipedia (Edward I was a fucking dickhead anti Semite, Edward III was pretty rad??)

Going to heat up prawn and peanut noodle soup leftovers, put some make up on and then have a video call with pal.

He very much did not ask me to make this

3 Likes

Three-and-a-quarter hours to go until the end of the shift. Might skip beers again – it’s indecent how much easier waking up is when you’ve not had a pint/five wines/AOB.

Evening tilty, all

Got home from work, had a 3 hour nap, now it’s time for CANS. Not much food in the house, so dinner’s gonna be a makeshift shambles. But who cares, 'cos CANS. Oh, it’s cold here. Gonna put the heating on in a minute.

1 Like

Broadband went down pretty much as soon as I logged off from work. Why couldn’t that have happened an hour before?

Had sausages and cheddar mash for tea, though, so that’s nice.

Had a fucking long, shit day, then opened my post to find that the people I ordered a great Jarvis Cocker t-shirt from on Ebay have sent the wrong Jarvis Cocker t-shirt. Got an emergency Chinese on the way.

2 Likes

Just had an argument with the TV. Gonna read a book and sulk for a bit. Not drinking at the moment, which I now regret as I’d like a glass of wine. I could go to the pub but I don’t want to be sociable (both because of my mood and Covid).

earlier today i cancelled the date I was supposed to go on as I’m not feeling well. asked if we could rearrange til Sunday.

• if I got this message i’d reply something like ‘oh no! i hope you feel better soon, i am/am not available on Sunday’
  • I would simply reply ‘not sure’ and nothing else

0 voters

another one for the bin!

don’t feel well enough to move so imma just read and dick around on the internet I suppose

bowl of soup, some antibiotics and codeine. that’s it. that’s the evening.