It is with great honour that I present the **WEDNESDAY** thread

morning

I cycled to the office (not that far but still) and realised when I got there that i bought the wrong keys and couldn;t lock my bike up

so now i;m home again

Feeling :face_with_thermometer: :nauseated_face: so have taken the day off. Might watch the Rolling Thunder Revue in bed

1 Like

I volunteered to cover our external phone line today as the guys that usually do it are on an away day, it’s already bags of fun.

Can’t believe I did this kinda stuff for a living for like eight years.

@colon_closed_bracket have you done your exciting thread yet?

CDs DVDs etc are all recyclable.

1 Like

Someone stopped me to inform me this morning that the back of my dress was tucked into my pants. 20 minutes after I left my hotel. :confused:

And people say London is unfriendly.

5 Likes

Still chasing payment for work I did nearly a month ago. Absolutely sick of it.

Oh shit! totally forgot

My mood has been slightly perked up by getting a letter from HMRC telling me I’m due nearly £500 in overpaid tax.

13 Likes

Love it when this happens. I got £800 back late last year, from when I’d been working two jobs back in 2015/16.

I mean obviously I could’ve done with it at the time (I wasn’t working two jobs for fun ffs) but also, I still survived all that, so it’s really a bit like a free savings account??

I am putting it into my Japan fund.

3 Likes

Excellent choice :clap::clap::clap:

Next week the work canteen are doing “halfway Christmas” - roast turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, etc.

what the FUCK

1 Like

update; had a curry for lunch & scored my m9 a Korg prologue 16 voice for a crazy deal price

2 Likes

got my tax rebate two weeks ago (about £1200). It’s pretty much gone already :frowning:

My friend asked what I’m up to cause they’re having a bad day so I’ve gone to meet them at the pub. I’ve never been invited to help cheer someone up before in this way so it’s quite interesting.

1 Like

Work, work, work.

Lots of changes around here and it’s been rather exhausting. All of my clerk coworkers moved to a different location and the one other non-manager is leaving for a new job at the end of this month. I’m the only clerk here now, and it’s noisy and depressing. Also, one of our local advocates for homeless people died suddenly last week. Life is harsh and unfair.

sorry for your loss :pensive:

Lightning delay at the jobsite, yes! Means 30 minutes off, if lightning still in the area after 30 minutes, job shut down for the day and still get paid for full day. Pray for lightning!

2 Likes