It must be weird being a Golden Retriever 🐶

Honestly, though.

I feel like they are the most-loved of dogs, that we all instinctively find ourselves looking at them when we pass them in the street and wanting to say hi.

Reckon that must be odd for them too. Imagine just going through life being constantly validated like that?

When I’m walking down the street and there’s a dog outside a café, if it’s a retriever that old dog just does not move aside for you. Other dogs see people coming and get out the way but golden retrievers seem to assume you love them and just want to see them.

19 Likes

Delightful thread

8 Likes

they are angels walking amongst us

12 Likes

And they’re right!

9 Likes

I assume this is what everyday life is like for the most wholesomely attractive people.

2 Likes

They can fuck off as far as I’m concerned

Sorry, cat got at my phone

19 Likes

People love dogs unconditionally but attractive people will often get the sexual undercurrent that taints the purity IMO

1 Like

Of the other largeish dog breeds, they’re the most likely to decide they want to sit on your lap in my experiance. Good lads.

3 Likes

HGATR Golden Retrievers 5

11 Likes

25 Likes

You sure it’s not one of those charity donation bins in the shape of a dog.

12 Likes

Stupid internet

Did you know that the “golden” part of the name isn’t about their coat colour?

It refers to their pure, beautiful hearts.

13 Likes

Is the only difference between a Labrador and a golden retriever just fluffiness?

21 Likes

my spirit animals

(although I am a sad rescue goldie who has encountered too many mean people)

They’re incredible. Perfect pooches every one :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

We’ve just been on holiday so the in-laws brought their golden retriever around and house sat Connie for us for a week. They are best of pals

15 Likes

Kermit is banned from this thread btw

2 Likes