It’s fuckin WEDNESDAY!

Always feel really bad for the kids in Scotland having to go back to school in the middle of August.

Gonna be here in 20 minutes. @keith wins!

1 Like

Morning! About to set off for the gym and then sauna and jacuzzi. Then admin work and then rehearsal before tomorrow’s gig at Wilton’s music hall (if anyone’s interested!). Yesterday I ended up cooking off in Iceland - try it! I also came out with 16 Linda Mccartney sausages…a pound a box!

5 Likes

Cooling not cooking! I’m one hungry girl in the morning

1 Like

NAh the wee blighters finish lessons in mid June and then spend a week or two doing school trips before proceeding to have all of July and 2/3 weeks of August off. Get them back in that bloody classroom and away from my commute already!!

I’m off to Aberdeen today. It’s to be something like 29 today (admittedly not London temps but hot for up here) and I’m in a steel box hurtling through (hot) fields of highland coos. Not going to get home till so late tonight, pure dreading it. Need to get my finger out and go and wash my hair and start my journey imminently.

The foodhall is a sultry 12°c. I’m so happy

90 minutes on keeping your desk tidy?!

If it’s an external contractor you have now discovered the route to the gravy train I guess.

Noooooooooo it’s tooooooooo hot

Fell asleep last night watching sheets of lightning blinking across the sky. Quite soothing. Didn’t seem to be much thunder, though I vaguely recall waking up muttering, “bloody 'ell” after one loud crack.

The heat feels so much more bearable today.

It’s S6 Lean or something.

Was imagining someone with a mini barbecue in the middle of the aisle in Iceland :grinning: People politely reaching past the to grab ice lollies

2 Likes

Woke up to my flatmate frantically banging on my door. Thought something was on fire. Nope, she just had a MASSIVE grasshopper type thing in her room. It was HUUUUGEEEE.

Don’t know what she expected me to do, because I did exactly the same as she did: frantically ran on the spot and waved my hands around, going ‘ewwwwwww’

Managed to scoop it up with the dustpan and popped it out of the window. It’ll be alright.

Neither of us are ever sleeping with our windows open again.

1 Like

Could do with a few more hours sleep before work tbh

Slept like absolute crap, just lay awake from about 4-5am. Feel wrecked. Fuck this heat. Argh.

1 Like

I would definitely be a regular if that happened!

1 Like

I spent since Saturday listening to PJ Harvey. It started off when I did a Dorset playlist as I went there over the weekend. The woman is a fucking genius!!

2 Likes

Too hot, wfh and I think I pulled a muscle underneath my foot last night.

Morning!

Crappy night’s sleep because of the heat, then the lightning and thunder* but it still feels like summer, which is my favourite season, and I don’t want it to end, even if some people are too hot.

Didn’t make it down to the sea last night but it’s definitely going to happen later this week, fo sho.

*why is the phrase “thunder and lighning” and not the other way around? Surely the lightning comes first with a delay because of the speed of sound before you hear the thunder?

Doesn’t rhyme with “very very frightening”

7 Likes