it’s my birthday

I’ve been Nostalgic for 21/22 these past few days cos I’ve been putting this together:

That last year of uni in Falmouth was so brilliant.

1 Like

happy birthday myyada, hope you have a grand day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is Veggie Perrins still going? That’s good. Used to go to the Nowhere a bit - in my day the Kings Head and Minerva were the alternative / goth / punk friendly places but the Nowhere came up as they fell away, just about the time I left Plymouth (the first time).

No. 43 bus for me.

Yeah! I’ve not been for a while. They did the food for my wedding reception. Was so great!

1 Like

I’ve never been in the King’s Head. Minerva is great and is just the same.

Birthday exercise walk photes

5 Likes

Last time I was in the Kings it had gone back to being a straightforward locals pub. Going back a while though it was great. The pub dog used to bring you Rizlas.

1 Like

Pretty mad I’ve not been in there. I live that side of town and must have been in all the others!

1 Like

Happy birthday! emot-toot

1 Like

Happy birthday @myyada! May you continue to make ruddy brilliant music x

1 Like

Thanks man! Trying to get the third Ubiquitous Meh! album started at the moment.

1 Like

Ah, the difficult third album… do you have a drummer now or did I make that up?

I think I was living in Falmouth in 2006

Yeah, it’s operating as a three piece band. Got a guy from my NCT course on drums, and my pal Jodie on organ. I’m playing bass. I’m now having to readapt all our new band songs into solo songs! Although I’m expecting the others will have a big part to play remotely.

1 Like

Yeah?

I lived in a basement near Arwenack Avenue. went to Shades a lot. A club night called…Blitz?

Yeah, that was my drummer’s night!

1 Like

I’ve got a mix CD somewhere that him and I think his girlfriend made one Christmas. I’ll see if I can find it!

1 Like

No way! He’ll love the fact you still have it. That was probably the best time for Shades that I ever knew. I had a regular night there for a bit later on. Then it closed down and the owners went on the run because they hadn’t been paying their tax.

1 Like

I can’t find the cover (or the disc) but here’s the track list :ok_hand:

2 Likes