It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Agreed with that. I hate the McPoyles too, don’t find them funny but loved Being Frank

“Pondy’s the best!”

1 Like

The last half a second of the most recent episode saved it from being v.bad

I quite enjoy Liam McPoyle now - they have been overused though and work better in minor appearances. Worst thing about the courtcase ep is it didn’t even have the main/good McPoyles in it so what’s the point?

You’re all mental the court case was one of the best episodes of last season
Don’t even trip dog

1 Like

The new episode is a bit weak

Not a classic. but still a few laughs. I love the idea that Dennis has created every episode of the show himself.

one of those shows where I’d rather rewatch the really good episodes rather than bother with the new ones

3 Likes

I watch the new ones, think they’re pretty good, then rewatch a couple of older ones and remember how much better it was

1 Like

I just prefer the shows focused around the gang really! Frank was really underused too

think this new ep was a better sub-plot than a whole show

The latest episode kind of reminded me of ‘The gang desperately tries to win an award’ with them lashing out at tired and old sitcom traits but it wasn’t really done with enough vemom and just came across as a bit lazy with them referencing and recapping old story lines.

I mostly just enjoyed them sitting about eating chips…

One of my favourite episodes, that.

1 Like

Mine too! A great later season highlight!

Hmm It felt like the target was much broader than in ‘Desperately tries to win an award’ because taking pops at shows with laugh tracks and music cues, just seems like shooting fish in a barrel…

I loved how nasty and scathing the digs were in desperately tries to win an award particularly at the US office but also the (slightly) more subtle nods to shows like Louie and The Wire.

I was glad that that they brought up that Honeymooners catchphrase though as it’s downright appalling to think that was ever considered funny…

trying to remember how long the gap is between the series airing and coming on UK Netflix. Such a good show, man

I think it’s quite woven into our mainstream comedies over here though too? I mean especially on the BBC with Mrs Brown’s Boys, Citizen Khan, Miranda etc? I know two of them are performed in front of live audiences but surely there’s cues? And take a show like House of Fools that is openly taking the piss out of this format, barely gets given a second series…

But I do agree that laugh track comedies are probably ten a penny over in America so maybe it is bold to openly shit all over them. Its quite funny to think that Sunny has outran all those shows mentioned above in longevity and the actors involved aren’t being paid a million dollars an episode just to show up. Even if its week after week of failed experiments, at least the Sunny actors clearly still get a kick out of playing these characters and enjoy what they do.

1 Like

Exactly :smile: - though I always thought they would stop at eleven seasons, just to go one better than Seinfeld! Also as long as Day, Howerton and McElhenney write at least one episode per season, you know you will at least have one classic to rewatch!

Oh my episode 4 is SERIOUSLY bad, gunna watch ep. 5 now but this series hasn’t been good at all so far

I’m about half way through season 3.

I really like the theme music :+1:

1 Like

That bike - WOW :smile:

Frank is still being way underused in this