Its my friday thursday thread

adopts noddy holder pose

Its EAAAAAAAAASSSSSSTER! (Nearly)

Ps i now declare all winters OVER

Ergh i have to work tomorrow. Will be wfh though so not completely terrible. Late again, don’t even care anymore. Not in the mood to do any work. Blab.

Turns out it’s not a public holiday here tomorrow, I discovered last night :disappointed:
But we get the day off anyway! :joy:

Which is lucky as I have a dental appointment and a meeting with the bank to learn about Dutch mortgages tomorrow. Tonight I’m hosting some event in Eindhoven. No idea what it involves, all I know is I need to wear a white shirt (which I have remembered to pack) and it’s paid. Hope they don’t think I speak any Dutch.

Sorry to hear this :frowning:

I’m gonna be in Amsterdam a lot more in the next few weeks, would be good to meet up again!

Got tomorrow and Monday off! Yeeeeah!

Have some sesame chicken leftovers for lunch and I’m getting the bus to Dublin straight after work to go and see the Altered Hours. Can’t wait to smash some bus cans.

I’ve called in sick for the first time in 6 years. Feel like a total failure.

Anyway back to bed.

Got a massive mocha for my train ride. Think my makeup looks pretty good today. Got my crocheted watermelon socks on. Excellent packed lunch. Life is good.

Yes! Just let me know when!

I’ve called in sick three times in six months.

Tbf London is the least hygienic place ever. I used to get maybe one cold a year. Now i get three.

Would anyone like to have a BEER with ME in THAT LONDON this EVENING

Yes, but unfortunately it’s not convenient for me.

morning all

turns out getting up 15 mins late and taking 45 mins to eat breakfast means you end up running late. who knew? will still probably be the first in the office though so nm.

Hello all.

WFH so still in bed obv, unfortunately the builders next door decided today they’d be super punctual.

Spent last night talking with lots of senior membere of staff about how our department isn’t doing enough (read: nothing) about the institutionalised male dominated nature and inherent sexism of physics. Hopefully we may have actually gotten through a bit. Was super pissed off then got home to this steaming pile of Cabbage which drove me up the wall - sorry if I offended anyone there, wasn’t in the best mood.

Have a great day dis :slight_smile:

Big up JC for the days off, absolute top lad dying for our sins and that.

Worried that i had a kidney infection rather than flu. Anyone had that?

(Health anxiety just about under control)

Germs are such dicks

I think you’d be happy to die a bit if you knew you had the Kingdom of Heaven waiting for you in the eternal afterlife.

Regular Matthews, Marks and Johns like us don’t have that privilege.

I have nine hours of teaching before my Thursday night beer. I am starting to hope none of them turn up.

The park was fucking Baltic this morn

JC must’ve forgotten then cos what’s all the ‘my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ business all about?