It's porridge time of the year

Yes, it’s PTOY once again. Kindly tell us what brand you’re working with, your method, toppings, microwave or hob? Etc.

Overnight oats discussion is allowed.

1 Like

Going to shock you here but porridge time in the Scout house is spring/summer.

Same for soup.

(But most regular porridge is overnight oats with banana and peanut butter)

1 Like

Microwave. I change what toppings I have depending on what I have on hand, but I like maple or golden syrup.

Hazelnut milk with banana and cinnamon here, that’s some tasty sludge.

3 Likes

No idea about brands, normally own brand tbf. Done in a pan on the hob with milk. Toppings can vary between none, and dried fruit and nut.

giphy%20(3)

3 Likes

I’m a quaker oats guy. On the hob with half oat milk and water. Usually topped with banana and honey, might just do maple syrup occasionally.

I’m more a granola typa girl

Use those single serving sachets that you fill to a line with milk and I am not even sorry deal with it

2 Likes

Eat porridge almost every week day morning, come rain or shine.
Almond milk and a handful of raisins.
Would enjoy it much more with milk, milk and golden syrup but its supposed to be a healthy breakfast and the almond milk is part of my effort to eat less dairy.

2 Likes

Also would like to add a sprinkling of sesame seeds or coconut milk😋

Then why am I eating Weetos huh, Eric? Why the FUCK am I eating Weetos?

1 Like

I eat porridge all year round because they’re 75p/kilo and I’m a cheap skate.

1 Like

‘Golden and exotic banana, papaya & honey granola’ time, thank u very much

2 Likes

Can I shock you?

1 Like

I had granola this morning because I got a pack half price, but I like a good porridge. Own brand oats, make it with water, salt and sugar, bit of cinnamon, then when it’s finished serve it up with either some soy milk or yoghurt, jam or fruit, syrup, whatever’s around. Some seeds maybe. Sometimes I’ll get fance and fry a banana to go on top, or some apple or something. Porridge.

love some mid-summer porridge, especially fresh out of the microwave on a really hot day in the middle of a heat wave, eaten while 'er who’s drying her hair with a hot hair dryer right next to me is drying her hair with a hot dryer, right next to me.

anyway, I’m glad the porridge window is now open to all. Just had my usual mix of jumbo oats, a sliced apple, handful of blueberries sweet cinnamon water and milk. was tasty.

1 Like

I like porridge savoury as I’m a philistine.
Bunch of salt, maybe a little olive oil. Wouldn’t be adverse to banging some ginger in there too.

2 Likes