It's Sunday and we're all hungry 06-10-2019

It’s the Sunday Dinner Thread!
Now including 50% more polls.

What are you eating today, chums? Tell us all about it please.

Should I?

• Go out to a Local Indian Restaurant
  • Stay in and cook something

0 voters

:shallow_pan_of_food::burrito::green_salad::hotdog::fries::hamburger::taco::green_salad::bento::moon_cake::pizza::stuffed_flatbread::ramen::oden::sushi::spaghetti::sandwich:

1 Like

Hello gnome
We have some people over for the football then a roast tea. Dunno what to make as a veggie centre piece, please advise

1 Like

I dont think anyone’s ever noticed how much thought and care goes into my food emoji composition😔
Maybe when I’m dead my art will finally be recognised.

5 Likes

Veggie pie! With roast trimmings. If you and your guests are not vegan I would suggest a cheese and vegetable pie.

Edit. Ps. Hi Tina and welcome to my thread :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hello
Not really into cheese and gravy. But a pie could be a winner here. Thank you for your input and I look forward to the rest of your thread x

1 Like

Making chicken, ham and leek pie. Preparing it all now, so I can have a few hours in bed this afternoon and it’ll just needs 20 minutes in the oven before I go to work.

2 Likes

Nice emojis in your OP

1 Like

Time for a Local Indian resurgence, imo.

I voted go out but my real vote would be making the Local Indian come to you

I’m fucking starving on this bus :sob: haven’t eaten in about 20 hours and stuck here until at least 1 then need to book it over to Newham and just oh god I’m gonna eat all the Brighton chips

1 Like

How’s you make this cheese and veg pie gnomei??

1 Like

Here are some cheesey vegetable pies I have made.

4 Likes

So veg with cheese sauce and a cheese pastry a top with some fabulous garnishes appropriate to the season?

1 Like

Inside my pie
FB_IMG_1570357951894

4 Likes

Exactly. Basically make a cheese sauce as you would for a lasagne or mac n cheese w onions and garlic, steam some veg (carrots, peas, maybe some green beans, whatever you fancy) mix it all together in a pie dish and add pastry. If you wanted to be extra delicious you could make proper pie with a bottom and everything.

1 Like

This is exactly the kind of detail I’m looking for. I appreciate you. Glad you’re back x

1 Like

That’s a shame becauae cheese and gravy is excellent.
What about taking a leaf from @AdrianWebb’s book and having veggie sausages?
Or you could just have a load of delicious veg… Mashed carrot and swede, roast parsnips, carrots and potatoes.
You could sauté up some leeks in butter with a load of chopped garlic and chilli, then add runner beans and ooh peas.
Really make the vegetables the star of the show.

Mmm chips😊
Delivery isn’t on the table as we’ll end up spending £££ and we’ve had a couple of Sunday Indian take ways already this year.

I’m going with your pie idea (piedea), fancy mushrooms and puy lentils I reckon

Excellent pie decorations :grinning:

Also, I very much enjoy your food emoji and am sorry to have never expressed my appreciation prior to this.

1 Like

Besmirching my piedea(nice) with mushrooms :pensive:

Seriously though, if I liked mushrooms that would sound good :+1: I hope you and your guests enjoy your lovely pie :blush:

1 Like