It's the annual flu jab thread!

Yes, it’s that time of year again - where you all get to wind up leafy until she snaps like a twig!

We haven’t had the email round at work yet but mah banbeano has so this is definitely the time.

Flu jab.

My wife has been to Asders twice to ask them when they can book us in. We have to wait until October.

My son is getting his at school in… DECEMBER!

1 Like

Would have thought a taxi firm would be providing them to employees gratis, on account of all the contact with the public.

Death Cabs, innit.

2 Likes

my arms hurt from all the vaccinations I’ve had recently so flu can fuck off

Ask for it in the bum.

Also the flu jab.

6 Likes

Found out yesterday that one of the paramedic tests for a spinal injury is a finger up the bum and asking you to squeeze the finger

2 Likes

Kids flu is delayed this year as the WHO was a month late in recommending which strains of the virus to vaccinate against. It’s not available to anyone yet.

And since appearing on Strictly, Dr Ranj’s fee is now apparently out of the reach of Public Health England, so expect a different C list celeb to be the public face of it all this year…

1 Like

fuck sake. can i not just get one massive jab instead of having to do this every year?

Bloody Roger Daltry!

Was a paramedic telling you this at the time? Because

2 Likes

sorry, who was a month late?

2 Likes

See if you can grab a fistful of them while you’re in and dose yourself up seven or eight more times at home, see what happens.

wouldn’t do them all in the same arm obviously

one in each, one in the bum. probably get away with a couple in each leg.

1 Like

Didn’t ask

1 Like

4 Likes

Yes but he didn’t believe me when i said my back had gone 10 minutes later. Win some and lose some

1 Like

ive got an appointment with the asthma nurse in a couple of weeks, might get her to do it at the same time. same thing innit. also i heard theres going to be a super strain of the flu this year so that;ll be exciting. my colleague had to write a paper or something about how the health service is going to cope with MegaFluTM combined with a no deal brexit. fuck doing that job tbh

“Come on Roger, we’ve already agreed this. Wherever you’d usually sing ‘Generation’ you just replace it with ‘Immunisation’ instead…”

Edit - thought you were claiming Daltry was replacing Ranj this yr. As you weren’t, this reply makes little sense. Nvm.