It's the eve of Christmas

Christmas Eve apparently, but then all days have blurred into one big shitty disappointment recently, so I’m not totally sure it is Christmas Eve.

Anyway, doing much?

ARE YOU HANGING UP A STOCKING ON THE WALL?

21 Likes

I am mmmm rich I am. Sending love and support for your day xx

Morning, hope you have a good one.
I’ve been up for 5 hours - it’s half one in the afternoon here in Chengdu. Having friends over to mine in the evening, so spending the day cooking. Sad that I can’t be at home in the UK this year but making the most of the fact I can see people and have some kind of normal gathering, so making a whole bunch of food all afternoon. Got a RA mix of funk and soul on, Feelin good.

18 Likes

*Hope it goes without saying that this is in no way intended to be gloating, my heart and solidarity are with everyone in the U.K (and the rest of the world having shitty christmases)

7 Likes

Do I get up and put my new coffee filter to good use?

• Oui you’re off today make the most of it
  • Remain in bed a bit bored and sleepless

0 voters

How’s the head @frenchtoast

1 Like

I’m up and it was definitely worth it. The coffee is delicious and I’ve got a croissy in the oven.

Not working today myself but:

Working today audit

• Aye

0 voters

Bike ride.

Cooking.

Drinking.

7 Likes

I hope in that order. :smiley:

2 Likes

:wave:

Need to tidy up/hoover before the in laws arrive. Who the fuck decides to arrive at 7:30am !? :expressionless:

Making some bread, some stuffing. But first… coffee. :yawning_face:

Happy Christmas everyone.

Need to move soon pal…

31 Likes

don’t make sweet bean move :frowning:

6 Likes

7:30am is such an unreasonable time to arrive, wtf man?

13 Likes

Morning!

Got woken up by the boy about six, who was screaming incoherently about some monsters outside I’m his window. Turns out there was some horrible unidentifiable noise out there. My best guess it was maybe a fox who was trapped somewhere maybe? Not pleasant whatever it was (and at least he’s not having nightmares)

So anyway my day’s started earlier than I meant it to. Work this morning until about two / three o clock. I’ve got a feeling I might be one of the most senior people “in” which is a bit weird

fox sex

3 Likes

Having lived in a flat with foxes in the garden, I’m more than aware what that sounds like
:grimacing:

1 Like

omg it’s the worst.

Good eve morning

Feeling a bit worried about R going to his dad’s bubble today given how Basildon is one of the particularly bad plague zones currently. No idea if I’m doing the right thing going ahead with it or not :disappointed:

While he is out I’ll finish wrapping presents and probably have a big nap. Thought I’d be obliged to spend the evening downstairs but they are going to be watching Die Hard and I’ve been really hypersensitive recently and don’t fancy that amount of gunshot noises. Need to figure out something to do so I feel less miserable.

Hope you all have good days x

6 Likes

Morning.

Awful sex dream about Donald trump and Carol vorderman.

Watching Hilda again, still absolutely gutted i can’t use today to prep the camembert loaf for tomorrow and have to dick around doing it tomorrow morning leaving M alone most of Christmas morning. Suppose she’ll be delighted with all her toys anyway but feels weird.

Got some croissants in the freezer but also have onion bagles and smoked trout, double breakfast?

Really miss when onion bagles were prevalent in the shops in the 2000s. The best bagle by far, first time i’ve tracked any down in years.

13 Likes

“Working” until 12:30. I’m the most senior person working today, not then means anything but let’s hope nothing goes wrong.

After than I’m walking down to the Radius Arms for some takeout beers for tonight and tomorrow.

Then delivering presents to my parents and sisters. Basically leaving them on the doorstep before knocking and retreating to the road.