It's the eve of Christmas

Gotta get up and get my car passed its MOT in a mo. I’ve fixed the issues it had, so it should just be a quick check.

Meant to be working this morning, so might see if I can get my wrapping done, then need to pick up a leek, some bread and some cheese before eating everything.

1 Like

I need a leek too tbh

3 Likes

Starting the prep for Christmas dinner - including cooking far, far too many yorkie puds for 4 people.

Board games.

M&S party food lunch.

Traditional Christmas Eve Chinese takeaway tonight.

1 Like

Probably going to end up working til 5. Loads to do and told the girl on my team she can have the afternoon off

I made the dough last night for Nadiya’s cranberry and chilli Camembert wreath so excited for that later!!

2 Likes

I’m the only person in the office. The automatic lights keep going off. Should have booked today off.

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

15 Likes

What type of cat is this?

Oh I’m going to look into this as I’m making something similar but it says I can’t make it ahead of time.

Not the gift we deserve, but the gift we need :hot_face::hot_face:

3 Likes

We need photos of the finished wreath please.

3 Likes

No this one you can! I had to mix it up last night and pop it in a bowl to prove overnight. Today I’ll roll them into balls and prove them again before baking later

Morning fellow Christmas evesters.

Was gonna get up and run but the ground looks very frosty so I’m not sure whether to risk it but if I don’t it’ll be a big gap since my last run. The day also looks like it’s not going to rise above 0 degrees anyway. Och I’m gonna have to go do it anyway, ain’t I? If I slip and hurt myself I’m blaming all of you for not stopping me.

Hmm, I’m wondering if I should just make mine and reheat it tomorrow, it says that still works rather than leaving to prove too long (it says 4 hours max if making ahead) - cba making something tomorrow

I’m doing this one

3 Likes

It’s the thought that counts x

1 Like

Haud me back.

1 Like

Well I have a bit of a reputation of cooking something new not going my way and throwing it all in the bin in crying mess :joy:

1 Like

Ooh this does look good too and impressive!

Mine will not look even remotely like that. I nearly cried reading the instructions tbh :see_no_evil:

On the 24th day of December
My true love gave to me
Three pigs in blankets
Yum yum yum yum
Yummy yummyyyy

1 Like

I’ve never made them from scratch, do you have a fool proof recipe you could possibly share please?