It's the Holy Saturday thread!

I’m not Dutch but I love Hema, they’ll almost certainly have that stuff

1 Like

oh yeah i’ve weirdly never bought anything online from them but that’s probably the right answer

Coolblue are even more expensive than Bol I find, but yeah, Bol are pricey. I don’t think I’d go to Hema for an alarm clock, though it depends what you’re looking for, a specific branded one with bells & whistles or something simple & non-branded, in which case booking an appointment for shopping at Hema could be ok.

I don’t have a specific webshop that’s like my go-to, since there doesn’t seem to be a default “cheapest”. Pepper is like HotUKDeals, which may have some things there. There’s amazon.nl, but it’s actually sometimes cheaper to buy from amazon.de or amazon.es even with the postage charges. For basic in-store stuff, which is almost always cheaper than online I’ll go to Kwantum or Action and if it’s not there, check other places. For the techier side of things there’s paradigit.nl & mediamarkt who usually competitive too, if that’s the kind of clock you’re looking for, but other than that… I usually pick a particular model, then google that, then look at who’s selling it and get some results that way.

Maybe useful, maybe not, hope it helps.

1 Like

Afternoon pop kids

We had pancaks for breakfast then went out to a new garden type place this morning (and I think I may have spotted @chris-budget there?). No big plans for this afternoon, but I’ve got sausages for lunch so I ought to start cooking them soon

1 Like

Strewth

10 Likes

Our neighbour’s dog managed to get out and was running around our garden. She terrified our cats but she just wanted to play. I gave her some scritches and she was very happy.

8 Likes

Cool. I moved here last summer.

Woohoo! The taco place in the market had an Easter hunt today with clues popping up on Instagram. I saw a clue for a prize just over the road from me and I’ve just won some salsa! Hooray!

11 Likes

Afternoon all!

I did some football training and now I’m sat in my garden. I played much better than last night, which might suggest a light breakfast is better for sports than fnc [citation required].

Wor Lass and I have both admitted we haven’t bought each other anniversary cards for tomorrow. She feels guilty; I’m secretly quite pleased.

It’s nice and sunny.

1 Like

Ha! Yeah I was there! It’s good isn’t it? Can see myself going there a lot! Especially when the cafe / restaurant opens up.

Have a mate who did the some of the branding and know someone who does some of the gardening stuff :+1:

1 Like

“Excuse me, do you have any more easter eggs in stock?”

“No, sorry, that’s all we’ve got left, it’s been pretty busy”

“Well will you be getting any more in?”

“Seeing as we had to order the ones we did have last August, and Easter is, well, now, I don’t think so sorry”

8 Likes

This has done me.

3 Likes

Have to suspect there are some shows that need celebrity guests for their format where, once the Pandora’s box has been opened, the celebrities can’t be fucked to show up at the studio anymore

@escutcheon no never been there, had a look at the menu on the window once and wasnt very well labelled vgn wise so put me off a bit.

Can recommend Julie’s Kopitiam over the road for Malaysian food which i think delivers now.

Have you moved?

2 Likes

Really tired

Going for a run now, that will either wake me up or totally fuck me :+1:

We’re in Newton Mearns now so, maybe since we spoke last? Was at the Vicky for a appointment and drove past and got stuck in traffic at the Granary.

I’ve heard great thi gs about Julie’s Kopitam, will check it out now.

• Pizza
  • Chinese

0 voters

What a Saturday

Cleaned the house so it’s all sparkling for Easter

Went to sainsbo with V. (Urgh) So busy, had to buy an emergency box of minirolls to raise our sugar and spirits

Went to b and q, bought V a lump hammer for his tool.kit which he has been walking round with like a toddler with a new toy :star_struck: also got paint and plants and things

Home and made Nadia’s paneer and spinach roll things with some.leftover biriani pie.

Bit of a bike ride

Now ready for the evening and the BIG MATCH.

1 Like

I’m using this in lieu of a census.

1 Like

These are so good. I was planning to make them this week but was blindsided by having to collect The Child from nursery. Wor Lass made a tasty paneer and spinach curry but without the kati rolls.

1 Like