It's Thursday nudge nudge wink wink

yep, 1:30 till 3:00 I’d be better off doing literally anything rather than try and force myself to write a report or presentation or stare at a goddam spreadsheet. Can just about manage some emails and research/report reading

New user so be nice

6 Likes

Off to wfh

Hope I’m not late!

Morning all.

In work helping to run an exam in a football stadium all day. The exam is not on football. I’m in full PPE and feeling weird. I’ve been indoors eating cake for a year I’m not prepared for this. Anyone who does this day in day out is an absolute hero.

Hope you’re all well.

2 Likes

i took my car to the mechanic. i really like him. had an ice tea for breakfast. will now lie in bed with laptop on my chest and eyes closed

1 Like

oh need to put my paint brushes in the washing machine

are you (like me) another one of those people who wakes up 3 minutes before the alarm goes off, without fail, every single time, no matter what time the alarm is set for?

At least 3 minutes.

Usually about 15-20, which in a way is quite nice because its kind of like getting a bit of a lie in.

But yes, I seem to have my own alarm clock in my head.

1 Like

I don’t think I even have a sleep disorder, I simply hate consciousness (and work)

8 Likes

Fucked it by not getting out of bed for a shower before the morning meeting.

I KNEW me and @aboynamedgoo were the best.

1 Like

In any just world being allergic to reality would be a recognised condition

1 Like

this is a lovely poem

3 Likes

Today is going to be mainly filled with me doing absolutely fuck all and then feeling guilty for doing absolutely fuck all

6 Likes

I’m pretty much get up and get on with it BUT I have fallen into a really bad habit of starting my day scrolling through my phone which kinda sets up the day from a bad place tbh. Need to knock that on the head, sometimes it can be up to an hour if I wake up a bit earlier. Grim.

Do the most fun thing you can manage/ afford - get pissed through the day or something.

That’s killer, reckon phone scrolling is one of the worst ways to start a day. Find it harder to stop scrolling at night - can mindlessly scroll, taking nothing in at all, for hours.

3 Likes

Phone scrolling in the morning helps me wake up enough to convince myself to get out of bed.

1 Like

i tried something last night for the first time in a long time - which is actively removed myself from my mobile phone and read a magazine and drank some cold water.

my heart rate dropped 20 points within about 10 minutes, was incredible to watch.

2 Likes

I read Politico’s Playbook email to try and wake myself up. It achieves the waking up goal, but sadly not at reducing the ‘ohhh but I’m so toasty and comfortable’ feeling :sob: