It's Tuesday 4th January 2022

It’s a grey slightly too humid day here in Melbourne. Tomorrow the in-laws arrive (which is a good thing) and meanwhile my wife and I’s cooking positions are a reversal of back in November, and I’m the guy who’s not really inspired while she’s coming up with all the dinner ideas. That makes me feel guilty.

Anyway, read this fascinating thing about Cambodia and voice messages thanks to a former DiSer

1 Like

I’m also listening to Almost Killed Me by the Hold Steady and I’m enjoying it. In the past I really haven’t got into them at all, had to turn them off swiftly. It’s still not quite hitting all the marks for me but it’s impressing me a lot more than previous times.

2 Likes

@McGarnagle I caught almost posting 2021 but got the day wrong eh? :weary:

1 Like

It feels like Monday to be fair! :sweat_smile:

First day back at work for 2 1/2 weeks for me. Not looking forward to it at all.

3 Likes

I haven’t yet slept - the baby decided last night that he would only sleep in my chest. A bit beside myself tbh.

1 Like

Absolutely fuck this

3 Likes

Do I not like that

3 Likes

Solidarity to all those of you back at work for the first time this year today. Hope it goes smoothly.

I’m pleading the fifth and taking the rest of the week off sick even though there’s some signs I’m on the mend finally. Reckon I can put that down to natural justice. Obviously Sod’s law means I had my best nights sleep in a month last night…

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

Oh gosh, back to work. Sure it’ll be ‘fine’

4 Likes

Secretly smug about bring off today, then remember I haven’t had a Christmas break. Nursery run, shopping, walk, pick up downstairs, cook dinner.

5 Likes

5th day in a row of the toddler waking up at 5/530 crying for me. Very tired. Dreading work.

1 Like

Slept awfully, app lad hasn’t messaged me since Thursday (and hasn’t yet replied to me from last night), this month is going to be mad at work and I absolutely cannot get through the day without a Monster so gonna push my New Year’s resolutions starting until Monday.

2 Likes

Morning all

First day back after ten calendar days (and three working days) off. Bleh.

3 Likes
18 Likes

3 and a half hours sleep

Thanks cats I hate you

1 Like

Today’s LFT was negative so I guess I’m going to my PT session :expressionless:

2 Likes

12 Likes

FAO those of you who have had COVID in the last couple of weeks: have you found that your symptoms don’t seem to follow as clear a path as (say) a cold? For example, I’ve been feeling fine the past 4-5 days, and then yesterday the sore throat came back and today I’ve got a snuffly nose.

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

12 Likes

Got a bit of the ol’ gut rot this morning.

Need to pop to Screwfix to collect some ‘door furniture’ if it turns up and that’s it for my plans today.

1 Like