It's weird that no one ever talks about cars ๐Ÿš— on here isn't it?

I mean, I know weโ€™re all sandal-wearing, oatmeal cardigan, lefty metropolitan elites and that but of all the everyday things that Iโ€™d imagine a whole bunch of DiSsers do on the regular driving and cars are probably the least discussed thing here

why?

maybe a poll would shed more light on it

• I have a driving license
  • I own (or have regular access to) a car
  • I have no driving license
  • I do not own (or have regular access to) a car

0 voters

bonus questions;
what do you drive?
what is your dream car?

other motor vehicles are allowed, chat encouraged

1 Like

2010 (I think) Peugeot 207
Donโ€™t really care about cars much

4 Likes

ah bollocks

2 Likes

Really like driving and miss it, but donโ€™t give a flying fuck about cars.

Have had the following:

Rover 200
Ford Mondeo
Hyundai i10

Looked particularly ridiculous in the latter as it was tiny, but didnโ€™t care.

Not sure Iโ€™ll ever own a car again, too expensive and too shitty to the environment. Reaaaaaaaally miss driving round nice countryside and tory villages on a sunny Spring day though.

1 Like

Had a full licence since I was 18 but never owned a car, just hire one whenever we need one and get a nice clean car without all the faff

1 Like

Not really seeing as 99% of us live in London and thereโ€™s no need for cars here

Currently drive a Seat Leon Ecomotive. Itโ€™s a company car and the lease is up in March, at which point Iโ€™ll either buy it off them or get a similar midrange diesel hatchback, but preferably a Euro VI one.

I used to want a Nissan 350Z but can you imagine how much of a twat Iโ€™d look in one of those

1 Like

Ford 150 and a nissan sentra

2 Likes

pcbe

ban cars tbh

9 Likes

electric cars are gonna come down in price sooner or later though

if there were trains everywhere and they were nationalised & cheap Iโ€™d be 100% for a 100% ban on cars

1 Like

Hire cars or pool cars from work
VW transporter/camper

1 Like

Reckon thereโ€™ll be a push towards hybrids first, the electric tech hasnโ€™t matured as quickly as people were hoping.

My two dream cars:

4 Likes

it would mature a lot quicker with some hard environmental policy penalties/incentives

1 Like

Drive a tiny Nissan that I bought on insurance when I wrote my last car off. Hardly uses any petrol though which is a bonus.

1 Like

Have a Mazda 3 - itโ€™s fast and red and I like it a lot. Bought it because I was doing a lot of motorway miles but now Iโ€™m mostly flying or training so itโ€™s become a bit redundant. Itโ€™s not built for driving around Glasgow in 3rd gear either - itโ€™s made for motorway driving. Iโ€™m in the sweet spot of having paid the car off but also collect a company car allowance every month so itโ€™s effectively free money (which I should totally be putting aside to pay for the next car).

2 Likes

Have to learn to drive. Parents are getting older and given the shitty nature of public transport and the fact that they live in rural Ireland means that I need some means of getting to them and moving them around. Fucking dreading the cost of it all and it is so fucking damaging environmentally. Fuck a combustion engine.

2 Likes