I've just eaten a Tunnock's milk chocolate coated caramel wafer biscuit...

… they state on the wrapper “more than 6,000,000 of these biscuits made and sold every week”.

That’s a load of fib right?

66 million people in the UK, and you’re telling me 9% of them are having Tunnock’s milk chocolate coated caramel wafer biscuits on a weekly basis?

Please don’t come for my maths or my logic.

1 Like

ooh, could go a tunnock’s caramel wafer biscuit

1 Like

They’re all in the cupboards of Scottish grandparents.

6 Likes

I think everyone in the world eats them, so it’s probably a conservative estimate

Are they actually good? I like them a lot, but the wafer and the chocolate and the caramel elements are all a bit shit?

They’re objectively good, that’s just a fact

3 Likes

I’ve thought about this before, aren’t they really big somewhere?

Saudi Arabia and other middle Eastern places

1 Like

If I buy a pack, which isn’t that often now tbf, I’m nailing 4 in 4 days. Could easily do one a day if not more.

They’re inferior to the Tunnock’s caramel log, but they’re obviously still good

Probably they’re selling fewer as the tuck shop at The Union Chapel is closed.

3 Likes

The tea cakes are 10/10.

7 Likes

It’s one of those things where the whole is better than the sum of its parts. Agreed, they are fairly brutal ingredients and thus many of the off-brand imitations taste really bland.

1 Like

DB pulled some out at the last LME dismeat, never seen anything go so fast. Including some of the dark chocolate ones. And (veggo) haggis sausage rolls. What a good egg

4 Likes

Different biscuits for different needs.

Sometimes a teacake is what I need in my face; sometimes a caramel wafer; sometimes (but not often) the coconut ones.

I used to live very near the factory but I have already told that story.

Amazing that Blue Ribbands still exist in the face of such an overwhelmingly superior rival.

1 Like

I was in the factory on a school trip as a child, and we got to eat rejected items like wafers that were about a yard long and things like that. Absolutely sickening.

2 Likes

cornered the ‘event’ market

1 Like

got some other variety of tunnocks that I’d never seen before for dismas, reckon the sneaky scots have been keeping the best ones for themselves. had coconut and some other stuff in, they were very nice

Surely they sell them outside the UK?