I've never been to or hosted a dinner party

Quite proud of this

2 Likes

Me neither i don’t think

Dinner + games / film: yeah sounds like a great night
Dinner party: not interested, sorry

6 Likes

I have

Oh sorry, misread that you put dinner party - I thought you said a McDonalds birthday party

4 Likes
3 Likes

When i picture a dinner party i just imagine a really long debate about separating the art from the artist

23 Likes

Isn’t that a dinner party?

11 Likes

No that’s dinner + games / film

3 Likes

Would rather just drink. Would feel anxious if I went to someone’s knowing we had to go through the palava of eating.

2 Likes

Most people aren’t good at cooking food imo.

‘having friends round for dinner’ is the ultimate ‘i’m an adult’ flex imo.

I do sometimes have mates round and i’ll do some dinner, but it’s always a precursor to going out somewhere else, sinking tins in the living room, board game night etc. I would never say ‘come round for dinner’. I would never say that.

6 Likes

How many people do you need for it to be a dinner party?

I just dont think dinner tables are designed to be sat around for more than half an hour at a time

‘putting the world to rights’

4 Likes

feel that proletarians would never refer to going round someone’s place for dinner as a dinner party either. probably the most bougie thing to have been created by mankind. Just imagine sitting around awkwardly talking to Richard E Grant clones about arthouse films and investment banking.

5 Likes

Folk who have people round for dinner and then proceed to have made something are kinda annoying ill admit, it should be a takeaway with your choice of meal and sides eaten on their table

• I host dinner parties
  • I don’t host dinner parties

0 voters

• I enjoy going to dinner parties
  • I don’t enjoy going to dinner parties

0 voters

2nd paragraph almost reads like Dril.

5 Likes

Massive pasta bake and garlic bread, maybe a tin each on the house. That’s as far as I’ll go.

This.

1 Like