Jackson Browne

i have convinced myself he’s gonna support bruce in london next year for absolutely no reason

2 Likes

Now kith

3 Likes

That would be fantastic. Definitely feels possible. He had John Fogerty supporting him at a Hyde Park gig some years back, which feels about the same order of magnitude.

1 Like

WHAT.A.TUNE.

1 Like

In my top 5 youtubes of all time

2 Likes

I don’t know much Jackson Browne but this is my go-to song:

1 Like

ive really got into him over the last half decade or so, i think hes prob the best of the big 70s singer songwriters. hard for me to admit as i love john denver, lightfoot, fogelberg, paul simon, van morrison, cat stevens, etc. he’s got about ten songs i could easily put in my all time fav top tier list. something like:

• these days — idk prob a top 100 all time song, scrap all other versions too
  • before the delouge — those strings, the organ, the piano, the guitar, the harmonies, drown me in the last two minutes this is dad rock at its absolute peak.
  • our lady of the well — how is he so good at melodies. stick around for the steel guitar
  • rosie — top ten masturbation song
  • for everyman — so simple, beautiful coda
  • late for the sky — unmatched mopey phrasing and melodies, perfect guitar texture
  • in the shape of the heart — i think his best 80s song, feels like a more natural progression of this sound
  • jamaica say you will — idk just so pretty
  • colors of the sun — the way the bridge (is it the pre-chorus?) releases that built up tension, just a perfect melody. don henley on backup vox is so good.

first four albums are pretty flawless. gets a little choppy after that but some of the 80s stuff is prob a little underrated.

2 Likes

Have never really done a deep dive on Jackson Browne (I should perhaps rectify that?) But I’ve always found this a particularly gorgeous song and lyric.