James O'Brien (still alive)

Only recently became aware of this guy, given that I’m not LME.

I’ve heard a few YouTube clips and (from what I’ve heard) he actually seems to have a considered and intelligent approach to Brexit arguments.

Is he actually alright?

It’s like you want loads of terms thrown at you that nobody uses in real life

1 Like

CENTRIST DAD, PROPER MELT

In short, yeah. He is.

I don’t especially like him but most of what he says is fair enough and well-intentioned.

I’ve also read his book which affirms both of the above.

He’s an arrogant liberal centrist. His head is more or less in the right place on Brexit (except for his anti-Corbyn guff) but he’s a bit of a smug bully and a bit of a twat.

1 Like

peoples’

5 Likes

I think he’s pretty decent. Very good at ripping things I dislike to bits. But it’s proper echo chamber stuff.

1 Like

The exact sort of person who, despite you largely agreeing with them, will never, ever convince people who are opposed/on-the-fence with them to their way of thinking on accounts of being an insufferable smug prick.

25 Likes

In his favour, he’s one of the few anchors who actually reads up on a topic and interview subject.

He seems curiously uninterested in the fact that he works for a broadcaster that employs and platforms the far-right on a regular basis though.

10 Likes

You’d think dis would love him then!

8 Likes

He helps pay the wages of the far right presenters he works with. He could quit and create less revenue for LBC but he doesn’t.

4 Likes

Yeah - that confused me.
Then again, George Galloway works for Talk Radio…

potential for mega banter itt, set it to “watching” :popcorn:

2 Likes

Talks too close to the microphone

2 Likes

His shtick seems to baiting people who know less than him to pay to phone up so that he can show everyone how much smarter he is than a racist cabbie, and then some fbpe’s can share it and everyone can be very happy with themselves while doing not much of value

9 Likes

Better than Jonathan pie though.

3 Likes

His scruffiness annoys me

1 Like

“we’ve got dave on the line from slough. dave you think we were right to leave the EU. can you give me your opinion on section 3 paragraph 12 of a really complicated EU document from 1987.”

“uh…i was wanting to discuss how EU farming subsidies have actually --”

“dave mate we can talk about that but once again, first can you give me --”

“uh james i don’t know much about that.”

“you idiot. you cunt dave.”

14 Likes

Most live radio shows do this now, and I really don’t get it - what’s the point?

Can’t share an audio clip of someone being ‘CALMLY DISMANTLED’ as easily as a YouTube video

3 Likes