Jamie T 2022

I know there’s a few of us here that are fans so thought I’d give him his own thread

Album is called The Theory of Whatever and is out on 29th July, smack bang in the middle of summer :sunny: :beers: His most recent album came out in 2016 which I found a bit of a mixed bag but the one before that was amazing. Hopefully we’ll get the first single soon. Anyone else hyped??

8 Likes

looking forward to this, big fan of jamie T. Last couple of records while not as good as the first couple have still thrown up quite a few excellent tracks.
Hopefully means we’ll get a tour soon as he’s always brilliant live.

3 Likes

Not keeping us waiting too long for a single :grin: Out Wednesday “The Old Style Raiders”

1 Like

Well up for this - and those clips sound great. Good to see him looking well, too.

4 Likes

Wasn’t expecting the 2 last snippets from the trailer to be the same song! Liking this a lot on first listen, there’s quite a bit going on but pretty strong 1st single. Chorus sounds great.

Can’t wait to hear more now :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Glad he’s back. Has a London gig next week. Single not grabbing me too much. Chorus a bit stadiumy Stereophonics.

1 Like

It doesn’t quite explode like the classics, but it’s great to hear him going for it again, and bodes well for the album, I think.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdL8JbqIZdU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Jamie NO

Got very confused by this thought Ella Murtha that runs the account was the good friend at first :man_facepalming:

It got worse

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdNMhCYIQB5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

Ouch :grimacing:

1 Like
3 Likes

Liking this a lot on first listen. Sounds like a few of his really good B-Sides

1 Like

Last teaser before the new record on Friday. Loving this on first listen, very Kings & Queens-esque

1 Like

intriguing positive review

5 Likes

Seems to be getting 4/5s across the board which is nice to see. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of it

2 Likes

This has left me completely cold on first listen. Maybe cause I’m working at the same time and not 100% concentrating but it just seems a bit disjointed and a bit dull. Between The Rocks is good though. Guess I’m more of a fan of Panic Prevention era JT.

1 Like

Wow, British Hell is one of the worst things he has ever done

1 Like

On first listen, I’m liking it so far. Maybe a bit of a marriage of K&Q and Carry on the Grudge, which are my faves.

Edit to say: even liking British Hell!

1 Like

Similar views here. I always root for Jamie T but the last two albums have had one good song between them

3 Likes

Yeah it hasn’t quite hit the mark for me in the way I’d hoped it would so far. Think about half the tracklist is just ‘OK’ - I heard a live version if “Million & One Ways To Die” and thought it was gonna be a favourite but it sounds like me blaring Crashed The Wedding 8 pints deep. Hoping it’ll grow on me though. Think Old Republican and Thank You could grow on me too. 90s Cars is decent and Between The Rocks is an all timer.

Unfortunately wouldn’t say I prefer it to any of his other records thus far.

1 Like