11th January
Stan & Ollie
The Front Runner
The Upside

18th January
Beautiful Boy
Glass
Mary Queen of Scots
Hale County This Morning, This Evening (documentary)

25th January
A Dog’s Way Home
Vice
The Mule
Destroyer
Second Act
Bergman: A Year in a Life (documentary)

Best December film release

• Roma
  • Sorry to Bother You
  • The Old Man & the Gun
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
  • Aquaman
  • Free Solo
  • The House That Jack Built
  • Mary Poppins Returns
  • Bumblebee
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Watched Free Solo and found it pretty awe inspiring. not sure I’ve ever come away from a film with sweatier palms

stan and ollie seems like a film coogan would be promoting in a series of the trip more than it does a real thing.

Saw The Favourite yesterday- worthy of all the fawning reviews.

Just watched Bird Box. Oh no

Duffman

Ralph Breaks the Internet - Enjoyed this but I think I’ve pretty much already forgotten it. Very sweet though and some of the little internet gags were dead funny, particularly enjoyed the search characters autofill function. Fun.

The Favourite - This was brilliant but the weakest of his films that I’ve seen I think. Still great though, the three central performances were superb but Weisz was the pick for me, such a brilliantly controlled performance. Thoroughly enjoyed how increasingly ludicrous all of the men’s costumes got as it went on and the queen yelling at the young boys was never not funny. Good stuff.

Oh no indeed.

Just a bog standard horror movie without a monstet innit. Not a clever premise at all. Not the worst netflix film but thats not a high bar to clear now is it?

quite fancy an alien movie, like fire in the sky. any others like that?

:alien:

We heard you the first time :wink:

Different thread innit

Christine is really good

Prometheus?

Very minor spoiler for The Favourite

which have you seen/what’s your fave?

Presumably playing an ancestor of Louis CK

The Killing of a Sacred Deer is my fave I think but I’ve only seen Dogtooth onwards (and Dogtooth I don’t think I was watching properly either)

Vice has a post-credits scene apparently - are they building some sort of Republican Dipshit Cinematic Universe :face_with_raised_eyebrow: