6 Likes

“Easily the strongest American film since Mystic River” is hilarious to me

1 Like
  1. Saving private Ryan is the only film nominated that year that even exists

The biggest Oscar farce

• Crash beating Brokeback Mountain
  • Forrest Gump beating Pulp Fiction
  • Dances with Wolves beating Goodfellas
  • Driving Miss Daisy beating Born on the 4th of July, Field of Dreams AND My left foot

0 voters

La la land moonlight debacle (at least the good film of the two won)

fairly tepid take: crash (2004, the bad one) wasn’t as bad as everyone says. still bad like, but not Worst Film Ever bad

can’t actually remember anything about it

1 Like

Just very heavy handed innit. If it hadn’t won the Oscar nobody would mention it as a particularly bad film. But for an Oscar winner it is particularly bad

1 Like

Yeah it just sits there staring at me … would only do it over two nights anyway I think. And feel I’d need company while watching too

And whoa as if some of you haven’t seen Amadeus! Great laugh.

1 Like
  1. Which surprised me too.

Babe should have won that year

2 Likes

what’s everyone’s thoughts on Training Day? saw it for the first time over xmas and thought it was really good

• Really good!
  • Larry David face
  • Not for me, clive

0 voters

can’t think of the film without thinking of this though

1 Like

Seen 6 films this last week

Ratatouille - still good
Roma - stunning looking but left me a bit empty somehow? Need more time to think on this
The Favourite - v good
Spideyverse - great
Alone on a beach at night- didn’t really get this sorry. Nice relaxing music though so i had a nap in the cinema
The Ballad of Narayama (1983) - wild. Really grim and horrific w some potentially triggering stuff but also so beautiful. Maaaaybe some people would find all the cutaways to nature a bit heavy handed but i love that kind of stuff. Blew me away. gonna watch more Imamura films

1 Like

Ballad of Narayama was my best film of 1983. Outstanding stuff.

1 Like

Only seen it the once but remember really enjoying three quarters of it but being a bit [Larry David face] at the last bit.

1 Like