January 2019 Film DiScussion Thread

Manhunter is v good but has dated quite badly (saxophone solo sex scenes etc.) but the guy who plays the tooth fairy and his colleague are amazing in it. Red Dragon is pretty pants really, I wouldn’t bother personally.

3 Likes

I know I posted a meme about it but that scene actually made me really uncomfortable.

anyone watched the other fyre fraud doc?

Decided I needed to fill in some Mike Leigh blanks so watched Happy-Go-Lucky this morning (great), then Abigail’s Party (a masterpiece) and might stick on Vera Drake later. He’s a good lad is Leigh.

4 Likes

Gonna watch it today, can’t get enough.

1 Like

yeah me too, it’s pretty dumb so far but it has interviews with billy macfarland

Yeah, seems quite clear it was rushed out to beat Netflix. The fact that I’m on my phone typing this whilst it’s on doesn’t inspire confidence.

especially enjoyed their explanation of what a millennial is

surfing + internet + ISIS + 9/11 = millennials

4 Likes

It fleshes out what a crook he was before the festival and yeah Billy is interviewed (Which presumably he was paid for, urgh)

1 Like

aren’t there rules about not profiting off of your crimes?

urgh all this millennial stuff is unbearable. please explain to me more about what social media is and how important it is to young people.

Oh good.

1 Like

Donald Trump is the president.

The part at the end of the doc where they list the lies he told during the interview was quite funny.

1 Like

Stan and Ollie. I enjoyed this quite a lot

3 Likes

yeah that was shite, dont bother

hogan’s at it again?

Quite liked “When you’re on bail is usually when you would want to do as less crime as possible”.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/RedDead2Arthur/status/1086669117116084232

3 Likes

The hulu doc goes more into his original investor who was also found guilty of antitrust and fraud charges

1 Like

Bumblebee. The best transformers film by miles.
Just an 80s style daft teen action romp

2 Likes