One Cut for the Dead

Hmmm

Just dont like meta stuff

Did anyone enjoy Bird Box?

• Bird Box Office
  • Bird Sux

0 voters

Itā€™s the best sort of stuff

Did anyone see that Lady Gaga thing where she said the same thing in every single interview: ā€œin a room with a hundred people in, 99 of them may not believe in you, but all it takes is for one person to believe in you, and that person was Bradley Cooperā€ whilst Bradley looks meaningfully into her eyes as though itā€™s the first time heā€™s heard her say it.

I watched Mandy last night

Nuts. But enjoyably so.

Is there a name for that kind of ridiculously over the top Horror? Apostle has a similar vibe. I should probably be asking in the Horror thread shouldnā€™t I

Sorry to bother you - well, that took a turn.

1 Like

ant man & the wasp - this was SO MUCH FUN. I think I just like things being shrunken and embiggened

7 Likes

Read Ms Marvel!

2 Likes

Just seen TimothƩe Chalamet referred to as Timotei Babycham and I had to leave the office.

6 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Yeah, it did feel like they found a part for Meryl Streep because she was walking past the studio that day. To be fair, that character is in the books, but it was a bit shoe-horned in.

I thought the film was ok, but I definitely need to see it again. I reckon it might be my ā€˜Last Jediā€™ - All the bits were there, but it didnā€™t feel like Mary Poppins to me (by which I mean the film, not Emily Blunt, who I could quite happily watch scalding children all day). The bawdy music hall number particularly didnā€™t sit well. Also, she got the kids into trouble all the time, which was stupid.

I might have thought about this film a bit too much.

Burning kids? Harsh!

Just remembered that two people at my Mary Poppins screening walked out after about 40 minutes. What were they expecting?!

mary pop-ins

12 Likes

mary coppins (sheā€™s a cop)

A better film!!! Haahaha

7 Likes

Maryā€™s Droppings

Thereā€™s Something About Mary Poppins

1 Like