January 2019 politics thread

well, let’s get this shit over with and dive into the abyss eh

so we’ve been working hard to help the saudis genocide as many yemenis as possible before people start signing petitions and reporters get around to covering it and stuff.

civil war death toll:

famine death toll:

^there are 16-18 million experiencing famine tho, so that toll there is a grotesque underestimate

cholera death toll:

the way they’re counting the deaths is very canny and obviously politically motivated. idk why they’re so worried, nobody really gives a shit about yemenis.

1 Like

Yay politics.

Woo.

2 Likes

also i just ran the numbers with my trusty calculator and it’s actually 94,900 children dead since december 2016 if that 130 p/d figure is accurate.

Why did I read this AND the replies

very cool they’re just outright posting tory propaganda now

Lol that’s because are shit and unreliable

4 Likes

Fuck’s sake.

This on top of Grayling blaming workers for fare risers when the vast majority of workers within the industry have received below inflation pay rises for the past four or five years. Of course, the media will focus on the ‘greedy’ drivers.

Winds me up.

4 Likes

It’s bonkers that the fares revisions take place on 2nd January, a day when every media editor in the country is literally GAGGING for a story that they can write six months earlier and then shit out without a moment’s thought. With additional low effort vox pops guaranteed.

1 Like

Wait until next Monday when we get “This is the unhappiest day of the year” because most people are back at work after Christmas.

1 Like

The thing that’s really baffling about this is that they’ve excluded journeys made on Britain’s busiest rail operator (TfL) and other metro systems. So they seem to be saying “nobody uses the railways… except the people who use them every weekday.”

Huh?!

5 Likes

I’m not buying this unless you’ve got a professor with a “formula” to back it up.

1 Like

you mean a boffin, m60

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/FeralMcCats/status/1080470782059470848

3 Likes

It’s kind of heartwarming that the result of his execrable political career is to have essentially made him voluntarily put himself under house arrest. He’s like the Aung San Suu Kyi of the Cotswolds, and everyone wants to be like her right?

2 Likes

i mean i think you’re all great people, but it’s a bit disconcerting that my train post got more replies than my post about the genocide we’re doing…

1 Like

Staffing is just 23% of TOC costs according to OOR figures. (£2.9bn pa)

Based on fare income of £9.7bn, and fare increases of 3.1%, the average payrise should be somewhere around 10% this year by my thinking.

“In November, it was reported that Cameron was “bored sh**less” at home and eyed a return to frontline politics. Since stepping down in the wake of the Brexit referendum, Cameron has spent much of his time delivering corporate speeches and writing his memoirs in a £25,000 shed in his garden.”

1 Like

Ought to get myself a job at a TOC pdq then!

1 Like