January 2019 politics thread

I can’t help but think somehow that his idea of road safety is keeping bicycles of the roads or something

11 Likes

fitting machine guns to Hondas for self defence

4 Likes

just needs “fuck #ISIS” and he’s all set

2 Likes

Road safety for people who own Land Rovers. Road safety for the good burghers of Kent. Generally doesn’t mean stuff like 20 zones, cycle lanes, shared space.

It’s only a matter of time isn’t it? As climate change forces larger migrations from countries affected by the worst of it feels inevitable we’ll end up using force to stop them from making it here. I’d have hoped it’d take a little more work to get people to accept it as a course of action but it feels like we’re pretty much there.

1 Like

Chinny reckon. :thinking:

4 Likes

And that’s the bottom line, cos stone Cold sajid said so

deeply regret starting this thread tbh

It’d be good if some migrants sunk the navy ship.

3 Likes

We paid for those nukes m8, might as well use em!

2 Likes

Sorry fella :frowning_face:

1 Like

Fucking #Kent wanker

There was a thing on BBC London News yesterday about youth types speeding their souped up cars up and down the A10 at night. It featured some vox pops of people complaining about the noise since the speed cameras were taken down. This set me wondering a) who campaigned to have the speed cameras taken down in the first place and b) how long it would take for them to start complaining about them if they were put back.

3 Likes

regime pursues no deal brexit, genocide in middle east, while domestic population starves

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1080833661488910344?s=19

state media silent

1 Like

Guess that’s why all those Romanians are coming over here, stealing our poverty.

5 Likes

Interested as to the measurement of this. I mean it has to be relative and not absolute poverty for one. Probably be interesting to see it tracked with Gini coefficient or similar as well (I think I’m right in saying that Portugal always fares especially badly in global inequality metrics).

In any case it’s still a shameful statistic.

1 Like

Of course they’re silent, they love all the things you mention

1 Like

Reckon if they just got someone to piss about near Dover port with a remote control boat, it’d probably bring Channel shipping to a halt and keep the Coastguard and Navy distracted long enough that thousands of them could get across.

4 Likes

less than 60% of national median income.

Ah so the standard measure then. Doesn’t tell the whole picture in and of itself but then again it’s not meant to.

1 Like